Sunday, September 9, 2007

By The Sea



Ok.... I went to a really cool demo at my LSS. My friend Phyl was showcasing some of the new Hero Arts collage stamps and one of the things she did was to stamp the collage on acetate and then "feature" a photo as a background. Well, the wheels started spinning. You have to capture those moments when it happens! I knew I had one image that would work perfectly with this technique! So, I stamped the Seashell Collage on acetate using Staz-On black ink. I then did something really fun. I took some Duo adhesive and I painted all the pearls on the back side of the acetate. Why? Because when the adhesive dried to a tacky state I "painted" them with Micro Pearl Pearl Ex. It turned out really cool! They really look like pearls. Then all I needed was a sea scene to put as my background. Well, when my husband wasn't looking, I stole one from his Sports Illustrated. How long do you think it will take him to figure that out??? Hopefully never! :-) I attached the acetate to the magazine photo with silver mini brads. Then, I found some fun metallic paper to tear and use as a mat. I took my Versamark Ink pad and put musical notes (Impression Obsession) and a torn canvas background (Hero Arts) all over the cardstock card to add a little dimension. I love the way it turned out. Thanks Phyl!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Julie, this card is FABULOUS! I keep looking at that stamp and haven't figured out a way to use it. Great job! Laura

Julie Koerber said...

Thanks Laura!!

Penny said...

Stunning effect! Really love this a lot.