Saturday, September 8, 2007

Ramblings on Christmas



Ok... this is still strange... making Christmas cards now! Anyone that knows me---KNOWS-- I wait until the week before Thanksging and I panic. This sends me into a tizzy with paper and embellishments flying. My husband won't even come near me because he is afraid he'll lose an eye! So, I will sit and pump out 40-50 cards. Amazingly, these cards will sit on a table waiting to address themselves! When December 15th hits and the news starts talking about the "busiest mailing day of the year!" I again panic. Those darn cards didn't address themselves. They didn't even sign my name! So, I remember the old sage advice of my dear mother. "If you want something done right, do it yourself." Darn cards. So, I address them and send them on their way. This is my tradition. Well, this year was different. Thanks to Impression Obsession sending me Christmas stamps in, well, July, I now have about a dozen Christmas samples done and waiting to address themselves on the table. It's kind of fun. HHHHHHHmmmmmm.... Where is the stress? No paper flying. No husband with a hockey mask on. This could be the start of something good!

This card is one that I actually did with Hero Arts new clear stamp holiday line. I love that little birdie!!! It will be a part of a class I am doing at my LSS. It's a Christmas Card club. Yes, me teaching a Christmas Card Club! We're going to meet the first Weds. of each month and make 15 cards - 5 each of 3 designs. By the end of the 3 month club, we'll have 45 cards! What could be better than stamping with your gal pals and getting something that huge out of the way!

Well, gotta run.. a few more Christmas cards await!!

Until next time.....

No comments: