Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!




Well, if I was on top of things, I would have dug out an old Halloween card to share. But, call me lame! I was busy finishing a costume for my 4-year-old darling! When I asked her a few months ago what she wanted to be for Halloween, she said to my surprise--- "a purple kitty." Ok, I said. A purple kitty? Where does she come up with this stuff? Luckily, I found some purple leopard fur and made a really stinkin' cute costume. My daughter is so fun though, she could wear a knapsack and pull it off!

On to today! A friend of mine, Karen Lindsay, came up with this card design and I "made it my own!" It is a card with a sleeve for a book mark on the front. I love the idea! What a great card to give a bookworm along with a great book?? Fun!

This card was done by just using the marker misting technique. I used different colors of marker to color up the leaf and berry stamp from Stampendous. I stamped it, misted it with water and kept going to get multiple generations of the image. The saying in the bottom is also from Stampendous. The pocket was created by folding and tearing some vellum. I layered some card stock and embellished with brads and I was done! The gold tassel at the top of the book mark was actually created with embroidery thread.

Happy Halloween! Hope you get more treats than tricks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This bookworm loves this card! Almost too pretty to stuff in a book, Julie!

Julie Koerber said...

Thanks Denise! You are too sweet.

Anonymous said...

Oh this is wonderful! Love everything about. I'll have to try one like it...thanks ofr the inspiration.

Karen Lindsay said...

This set is just beautiful, Julie. Love the colors and the stamps. Gorgeous!

Hugs,

Karen :)

Julie R said...

I like this idea. I hope you don't mind if I CASE it as it will be great stocking stuffers for the avid readers in the family. Thanks for sharing.