Thursday, October 11, 2007

More Thomas Kinkade!



Hi All...
Hope you are all having a wonderful week! As this week winds down, I realize I have far more in the way of Thomas Kinkade creations than one card a day! So, look for "a Thomas Kinkade Friday Frenzy" tomorrow when I put the rest of my cards up. If you get a chance, you need to go to my list of Impression Obsession Design Team members and check out the latest Thomas Kinkade images on both Asela Hopkin's and Debbie Olson's site. They are not only awesome images, they are really well designed cards!

This card was created by stamping the Forest Chapel in Chocolate ink and then coloring the image with chalks. I covered the image with Versamark ink and then used my Deep Impression embossing powder to create the cracked glass effect. Any kind of ultra thick powder will work. After three layers of powder, I cracked the embossing powder and then covered the image with Vintage Photo Distress Ink making sure the ink really seeped down into the cracks. After it dried, I took my heat gun and "erased" my cracks. I think sometimes when you do the cracked glass technique, there are times when the embossing powder will flake off. So, this gave the impression of cracked glass without actually leaving the embossing powder coating cracked. I really hope I am making sense here!!!!

One other cool thing I did was use the Forest Chapel as an actual background for my green mat piece. It was a fun and easy card to create!

Happy Thursday.....

3 comments:

Katie Skiff said...

I love all your TK cards...beautiful. I am too scared to get any for fear I'll ruin them!!

Anonymous said...

those are just beautiful and each one so different. Beautiful job!

-Ginna

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely beautiful! Maybe I should at least purchase one to try because I love how they look!!