Thursday, November 29, 2007

O2M, N2U


Ok, that would mean "Old To Me, New To You!" I have been overworked these last few days and creating has been out of the question! I did find some cards, however, that I thought featured a fun/cool technique that I did awhile back--- so it's show and tell time!



These cards were made by stamping the image on a dark colored card stock and embossing them with gold or copper embossing powder. I colored/higlighted parts of the image with a white colored pencil. Basically, I scribbled the color on. I didn't want to color the whole image, just areas that I thought might be light reflective. Then.... I colored over top with regular colored pencils. The result? It can make anyone look like an artist! You get highlights and shadows with very little work! I have to say that you'll get the best results when you use a pencil like Prismacolor. These pencils have a wax base and are highly blendable! Love my Prismas! Just in case you wondered, all the stamps I used for this technique were from Magenta.

Here are a few more examples!





Happy Thursday!!! :-)

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Wonderful technique! Your cards are beautiful! Thanks for leading me here! I'll be back!

Diane said...

Wow!!! Those are fabulous,love that
technique,will have to try this on
a Christmas card!! TFS!!

Anonymous said...

OOOH, Coloring Queen! THANK YOU for sharing this with us. My coloring is 100x better since you gave me those tips almost 2 years ago. Can't wait to try this one, too. Happy Weekend!

Karen Lindsay said...

Nice instruction, beautiful cards! Thank you for sharing!