Friday, November 23, 2007

One woman's trash is another woman's challenge!




Last year at this time, I went to a crop with a friend. She was on this power scrapping trip and had plans to whip through an entire scrapbook for a friend in a night! She almost made it! Anyway, before she settled in, she bought this major stack of holiday paper that came with some tags and embellishments. She looked at me, knowing I am not a scrapper but a card maker and said, "Could you use these?" You have to know---I am not a "throw away" person. I like to see the potential in everything. So, I said, "I'll take them!" At the time, I thought, maybe pigs will fly and I will use these. Maybe. You never know! Anyway, I was unpacking some things into my stamp room and found these four pages of "Maybes." With all the challenges on line, I decided to challenge myself. Go ahead, I said. Make some cards. No, make 5 cards. 1 card would be easy. 2 cards would still be easy. Three, a little more challenging. Don't stop at 4... make 5. So, I did. Here are a few! I'll share the rest tomorrow!!!! I had a blast. You know what though? While sitting and making these, I never did see a pig fly!

Cards 1, 2 & 3..... More to come later!




Happy weekend!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Oh Wow those are a treasure for sure!!! Your cards are fabulous!!!
Lucky you to find those treasure in a box,lol.TFS!!!

The Rubber Maid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Rubber Maid said...

MEANT TO SAY WHO CAN TURN TRASH INTO TREASURE, ASK JULIE