Thursday, December 20, 2007

In A Jiffy Hostess Gifts!



Need a gift in a hurry? This is one of my all time favorites. I'm sure you've seen this technique before but not a lot of people use the ink I use. I've also seen the tiles colored with permanent markers... but this way is sooooo easy!

I stamped a background stamp (Hero Arts) on the tile using Brilliance ink in Galaxy Gold. Then, I stamped over top the background with a fern leaf stamp (Hero Arts) using Brilliance Ivy. I baked the tile in the oven (350 degrees for 20 minutes) and then, when it was cool, I backed the tile with some cork that I affixed with Aileen's Tacky Glue. I have done this set with all different kinds of leaves. If you do it in an assembly line fashion, you can pump out 3 or 4 sets of 4 easily in a night!

The good news? I don't seal the tiles at all. Some say you have to in order to keep the tile from becoming stained. Well, I have tried to mess these tiles up!! I dumped red wine on it, mustard and more to see if they would stain without a sealer and they didn't. The awesome thing about using Brilliance is - if you mess up and want a "do-over" before you bake the tile, you can wipe off the ink with Windex and start again!

Happy Thursday!

p.s. My mom posted pics of her tiles a few days ago on her blog. Check out her version by clicking HERE!
Post a Comment