Wednesday, January 23, 2008

When A Man Loves A Woman....


Golly Jeepers, I wish pearl paper showed up better in photos! This paper actually made my heart stop it is so pretty. It is like a pearl Bazzil but it feels like fabric. I knew right away, a wedding card was in store. The stamp is one of the new ones from Gina K. Designs - Heartfelt Hits I stamped the man and woman with Versafine Smoky Grey ink and that was the only stamping I did! I layered it with the help of one of my rectangle scalloped Nestabilities. The only difference here is - the scallop was cut twice - once from the pearl paper and a second time with the pearl fabric feeling paper. I cut one of them in half and layered to have the reverse colors match up with each side of my base layer on my card - make sense? Hope so! Since the layer is half and half, I didn't want the mat around my stamped image to get lost so I made the scalloped rectangle layer half and half - only in reverse. I put a line of pearls down the center separating both sides of my base mat layer and on the left side of the card, I embellished with some paper piercing (Lasting Impressions template). The fun part about the stamped image is the fact that I wanted the woman to have a kind of wedding dress on - so.... I cut a line at her waist using an Xacto knife and then strung 2 pieces of wired sheer white ribbon through to make her tulle skirt. At the top of the skirt, I added some mini pearls as well.

Like I said - not a lot of stamping - but, thanks to the paper and embellishments, it has plenty of flair!

Happy Hump Day!

p.s. Part of the reason why I chose paper piercing on this card was thanks to a challenge from SBS5 Sister Donna *HERE* That was part of her first ever little ole weekly challenge!
p.p.s. I actually was spoiled today. I got to make TWO, yes two, cards this afternoon. Tomorrow, you'll see my "light bulb" moment with one of the other Gina K. Designs sets I got recently. Fun stuff!
Post a Comment