Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Inspired by... Junk Mail!


When Rubber Stamper magazine was around (sniffle, sniffle) I used to write their Inspired By column every now and then. It was always so much fun to look at things up and down the grocery aisle or at the convenience store or.. basically anywhere.. looking for inspiration for card making.

Well, today my inspiration came in the form of JUNK MAIL! This little Betty Crocker cookbook sampler was stuffed in the newspaper. I took one look at it and the light bulb went off! I actually stuck this baby on my copier!




I photo copied the book and used a piece of it for my background paper for my card. Then, I imitated the square white block on the front of the book for my sentiment. The saying is from Impression Obsession and that's the only stamping on this 10-minute card! I used my Nesties for the shapes, some adhesive pearls for bling and some red satin ribbon to add a little more "umph!" That's it!

Here's a close up of the saying....

Hhhhmmm.... wonder what I'll find in the paper tomorrow! :-)

Happy Tuesday!
Post a Comment