Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My baby is 11 today!

Ok... starting to tear up a bit. sniffle. sniffle. The boy who used to love to jump off anything and couldn't just drive by a construction site without making me stop to look at the big trucks has morphed into a young man right before my eyes! My son, Cal, turns 11 today!


So, in honor of his day, I made this card. I admit, it's not the stuff I normally create - but let's face it - 11-year-olds don't do flowery OR cute! I wanted to show this card because I used punches to help create the different parts of my birthday cake! I used the Everyday Whimsy set from Wordsworth. If you click on the name, you can see how I used the lines and curves to create the pieces of my cake! I took 3 one and a half inch by 2 pieces of cardstock, stamped my lines and then cut along the lines to create the look of frosting! The candles were created with SU's word window punch, and the flames were just a heart punch cut in half! So easy peasy!

Well, I'm off and running - presents to wrap, cake to pick up (remember, I don't bake!!!) and things to get in order!

Have a good one! Until tomorrow......
Post a Comment