Monday, April 21, 2008

More bloggin' buds!

In an effort to thank some really great bloggin' friends, yesterday, I hinted that we were going to go searching for a "buck!" Well, that would be Miss Jennifer Buck from The Buck Stamps Here! She is so fun. I swear, if we lived in the same town and hung out, I wouldn't need caffeine! She just has this energy about her that is electric. HONESTLY, you can read it right through the computer screen!!!

A few weeks ago, she sent me this amazing package of ribbon, brads, beads, pearls, some really cool metal frames, a beautiful card AND some stamps! Wow. What did I do to deserve this???

This is a closer peek at her darling card!! Don't you just love those felt flowers she added? Cute! I am pretty sure this saying is Stampin' Up too!

I, of course, immediately wanted to play with the stamp set! It's one of the sell-a-bration sets from Stampin' Up!!

I just got this fun patterned paper and I wanted to pair it up with some of the pearls Jennifer sent -- so, I chose to do a really soft looking card - nothing but pink, pearl paper and dp! The layout is pretty simple! I stamped my flower twice using Versamark ink and embossed with Silver Pearl embossing powder (Stampendous). The saying was stamped with a light grey and then the flourish flower was stamped behind it with a really light pink. Then, add some ribbon, round off a few corners, mat it up, attach the pearls and DONE!

Here's a close up of the layered flower....

Thanks so much Jennifer! You rock! I had a blast and the fun is far from over!

Tomorrow, we'll hit the "tracks" in search of some more talent!!
Post a Comment