Tuesday, July 1, 2008

BIG news and a challenge!

I'm goin' to Hollywood!!!! Ok, I am laughing pretty hard at that. I found out today that one of my cards is now a finalist in the Paper Crafts Idol contest. WOW -- It is a huge honor. Out of 774 entries, the editorial staff whittled the list down to 20 and I can't even believe I am saying this -- I made it! You can check out the details HERE. You can also check out the other cards there too! The idea is basically like American Idol. The top 20 are chosen in open auditions and then from there - YOU decide! So, I'll need your help in the voting!

Now for the challenge!! It's time for another Impression Obsession Design Team challenge! Kelli Richardson is the Challenge Queen of IO -- her challenge - to make a card that sparkles! Well, I hadn't used my Circle Elements 2 set yet. This set rocks for creating edges around die cut circles plus it has sayings and floral elements! So, that's what I used. I used a 1-1/4" circle punch to create my turquoise base circles, I added a flower from the set on top of that with turquoise ink and then added the star like flowers (also from the set) on top by stamping them in brown and cutting them out. I popped them up a bit with foam tape and gave them the sparkle! Each flower has a hot fix crystal in the center! It just dazzles. Photos really don't show how sparkly! :-( The lower right corner has my sentiment - it's the word circle in the set that says "True Friends." Very mod!



To see what some of the other gals came up with-- here's the links! Be patient - they'll be uploading at different times of the day Tuesday!!

Daniela
Penny
Laura
Deborah


See you tomorrow!

Post a Comment