Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cleaning House-- a mish mash of things!

Hi all! Monday was cleaning day at my house and man, oh man, I took some photos of my stamp room before... and after. If you can't handle images of stamping carnage... you might want to keep one eye open and slightly squinted and scroll down! Some of you have kidded me that you don't believe my stamp room gets dirty. Afterall, you've seen the photos here on my blog. Well folks---think again!!!!!

HERE
.
.
.
.
.
.
IS
.
.
.
.
.
THE
.
.
.
.
.
PROOF!

SHRIEK!!!!! Do you think I could even find a spot to work in on my desk?!?!?!
And, here's what it looked like after a couple hours cleaning it!
A clean mean machine ready to get dirty all over again! hehe! I actually have some really fun things up my sleeve! I just got some new rubber from Impression Obsession and have to work on some catalog samples. I also got some new polymer and need to make some samples for Winter CHA. Then, there are some new releases brewing for Flourishes and... a huge fun celebration that I will be a part of! I can't tell you much more than that-- for now! So, in no time at all, my stamp room will look more like the first photo for sure!! ;-)

In the picture, you might notice my bulletin board above my desk.... well, that's my wall of fame! If someone sends me a R.A.K. it goes on the board! I have a couple that I have to put up still but --- it just goes to show how much YOU inspire ME! ;-)
On to a card....

It's actually one I wish I never had to make. Last Friday I got some new stamps from Our Daily Bread Designs. This was one of them. It's called Footprints In The Sand. When I first laid eyes on it, I thought it would be a good set to turn to for sympathy cards. I didn't know I would be grabbing it so soon. My college roomate emailed me over the weekend to let me know that her mom passed away after a year long battle with pancreatic cancer. Gosh, I hate the "c" word. It robs so many people of loved ones. Are you with me??

To make the card, I just masked and sponged ink, watercolored some of the sea grass, distressed the edges of my main focal piece and then punched a hole and added some natural cord with some beads strung on. Not too hard at all.....

On a much lighter note, my bud Jacki-- you know-- the "princess" over at the Card Castle-- gave me this fun award! And, with it comes a few rules!

1. The winner may put the logo on their blog.
2. Put a link to the person who sent you the award.
3. Nominate 5 blogs.
4. Put links to their blogs.
5. Leave a message for your nominees.
I mean to tell you - Choosing five was hard! But, when I look to the ladies who I turn to for inspiration - I have a few "go to" blogs when my brain is zapped from a lack of creative.. or make that kreativ energy!!
So, here are a few of my favorite "kreativ" bloggers!
Becca Feeken - she's always got something crafty going on! Her tutorials are the best! I wonder many times where she comes up with this stuff!

Leslie Miller - her coloring is amazing and inspiring! And the way she puts design elements together always makes me gasp! (not to mention, she's a sweetie too!)

Sharon Johnson - her tips and projects are to die for! She's been a mentor to me so that's kind of why she rocks too! ;-)

Debbie Olson - Need I say more? I already told her I want to be the president of her fan club! She said I'd have to fight Joan Bardee for the title!!
Jerri Kay Jimenez - if you've seen what that girl can do with a paint brush.... oh my!

Thanks for stopping by! More fun here tomorrow-- I promise!
Post a Comment