Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cleaning House-- a mish mash of things!

Hi all! Monday was cleaning day at my house and man, oh man, I took some photos of my stamp room before... and after. If you can't handle images of stamping carnage... you might want to keep one eye open and slightly squinted and scroll down! Some of you have kidded me that you don't believe my stamp room gets dirty. Afterall, you've seen the photos here on my blog. Well folks---think again!!!!!

HERE
.
.
.
.
.
.
IS
.
.
.
.
.
THE
.
.
.
.
.
PROOF!

SHRIEK!!!!! Do you think I could even find a spot to work in on my desk?!?!?!
And, here's what it looked like after a couple hours cleaning it!
A clean mean machine ready to get dirty all over again! hehe! I actually have some really fun things up my sleeve! I just got some new rubber from Impression Obsession and have to work on some catalog samples. I also got some new polymer and need to make some samples for Winter CHA. Then, there are some new releases brewing for Flourishes and... a huge fun celebration that I will be a part of! I can't tell you much more than that-- for now! So, in no time at all, my stamp room will look more like the first photo for sure!! ;-)

In the picture, you might notice my bulletin board above my desk.... well, that's my wall of fame! If someone sends me a R.A.K. it goes on the board! I have a couple that I have to put up still but --- it just goes to show how much YOU inspire ME! ;-)
On to a card....

It's actually one I wish I never had to make. Last Friday I got some new stamps from Our Daily Bread Designs. This was one of them. It's called Footprints In The Sand. When I first laid eyes on it, I thought it would be a good set to turn to for sympathy cards. I didn't know I would be grabbing it so soon. My college roomate emailed me over the weekend to let me know that her mom passed away after a year long battle with pancreatic cancer. Gosh, I hate the "c" word. It robs so many people of loved ones. Are you with me??

To make the card, I just masked and sponged ink, watercolored some of the sea grass, distressed the edges of my main focal piece and then punched a hole and added some natural cord with some beads strung on. Not too hard at all.....

On a much lighter note, my bud Jacki-- you know-- the "princess" over at the Card Castle-- gave me this fun award! And, with it comes a few rules!

1. The winner may put the logo on their blog.
2. Put a link to the person who sent you the award.
3. Nominate 5 blogs.
4. Put links to their blogs.
5. Leave a message for your nominees.
I mean to tell you - Choosing five was hard! But, when I look to the ladies who I turn to for inspiration - I have a few "go to" blogs when my brain is zapped from a lack of creative.. or make that kreativ energy!!
So, here are a few of my favorite "kreativ" bloggers!
Becca Feeken - she's always got something crafty going on! Her tutorials are the best! I wonder many times where she comes up with this stuff!

Leslie Miller - her coloring is amazing and inspiring! And the way she puts design elements together always makes me gasp! (not to mention, she's a sweetie too!)

Sharon Johnson - her tips and projects are to die for! She's been a mentor to me so that's kind of why she rocks too! ;-)

Debbie Olson - Need I say more? I already told her I want to be the president of her fan club! She said I'd have to fight Joan Bardee for the title!!
Jerri Kay Jimenez - if you've seen what that girl can do with a paint brush.... oh my!

Thanks for stopping by! More fun here tomorrow-- I promise!

26 comments:

Jennifer Love said...

Wow! That is a lot of work! LOL! I don't even want to consider how long it would take me to make mine look presentable. heh

And I love those ODB stamps...I know my mom would too....gotta get some! :)

Hope you're having a great week!

Karen W said...

Beautiful card and I love your stamping area also. I just bought several of those sets from Our daily Bread also, they are wonderful!!! I owuld like to send you a xmas card, my email is jkwallace@mchsi.com if you would send me your address and etc. Thanks so much for all of your inspiration
Karen Wallace

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Funny how no matter how much flat space you have, it is immediately covered up!

So sorry to hear about your friend's mother. My father-in-law died of pancreatic cancer three months after being diagnosed - it's a tough one.

Happy birthday week!

Joan Fricker said...

Julie, I think each one of us can relate to how quickly our craft area gets a mess. It seems I can spend lots of time cleaning it up and the first I card I make creates a disaster again.

Very pretty card!!!

And your favorite bloggers are also my favorite.

Joan

Amy said...

{{HUGS}}!!!! I LOVE that you showed us your stamp room "well loved"!!!! I don't feel so bad about how mine gets now, and I'm sure others feel that way too Julie, tee-hee! What a beautiful stamp room, I want to come play there with you!

I will email you later today...it's been crazy here...my important emails are getting lost in my inbox!

Hugs,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Wow Julie, you are a miracle worker! Hey, spread a little of that shazzam my way so my room will be clean! Thanks so much for the award - if I could I'd give it right back to you, because I draw so much of my inspiration from you my friend!! When I get caught up, I'll pass it on. Oh, and the others you have listed here are truly the awe inspiring stampers!!!
--Becca

Elena said...

Wow! You was busy! My room is the same way while I crafting. But Julie, after working with your magic wand - it is a beautiful place! Love your room and your card!
Sorry to hear about your friends mother. I also don't like this word that starts with c... My father died from canser when I was 15...
Congratulations on your award!

Anonymous said...

hehehehe, I've got ya beat sista! I can't even look at my room right now cause, well, cause I can't see it for starters! I did see two of my cards on your board of fame. I feel so honored.......so please, keep your room clean so my precious creations don't land in clutter, hehehehehawhawhaw

Janine said...

COngrats on your award and you couldn't have given it to more deserving women... Great choices.
Beautiful card too.!
Hope all is well. Are you counting down the days to your birthday? What are you doing for it?
Have a great day!!!

Katie Skiff said...

Ahhh..you are human! LOL... Thanks for letting us see the real room, but cleaning up always makes for a fresh palette. :)

Anonymous said...

Julie, you call that a mess? Oh my girl, your mess looks like my clean area, I'd die if you could see my working conditions right now . . . LOL!

Your card is gorgeous, as always!

Oh my gosh, you've paired me up with some mighty fine company! I don't think I compare to the girls you've chosen for awards, but I'm thrilled to be here and that you thought of me. Thank you Julie, you're such a "sweetie!"

Anonymous said...

I could still see the floor, so it wasn't THAT bad. And it didn't inspire me to clean up my stuff. Guess I'll just hang out and wait and see what you can show us in the days to come. Maybe I'll get the kick in the pants I need before I go on "vacation" (ie staying home & trying to tidy up and get my Christmas cards moving along) next week. Oh and you need a bigger bulliten board. I'm worried my coffee card will get buried by better (but far less appropriate) art.

Kelley said...

Julie, you r room was not a mess..maybe a little disorganized. You should see MY room!lol!

Your Footprints card is so very pretty!! I love the sand and water look!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Michelle will love your sympathy card, it is lovely and of course the verse is one we all know and love. I'm sure she is happy she has God walking with her at this most difficult time. Mom
Come for a visit and clean my craft room.

Kimberly Crawford said...

Your post cracked me up!! I was just looking at your studio yesterday and thinking, holy cow, she is a neat freak!! :)
Your room is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it. I am getting ready to get my room re-done this spring, so I am always looking for ideas.
Have a wonderful evening!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards! I love your stamp room...Messy or not :)

Lee said...

Oh but I love your craft room!!! And what a moving and beautiful card....it is so incredibly difficult but your card will bring some comfort!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! I know the feeling! Isn't it wonderful when it's all tidied up? A clean slate on which to etch your creativity. If only it would stay that way...

Julie, thank you so much for the award. That's so nice of you and it feels like high praise from one I admire so much on so many levels. It's no wonder you have an award to pass on. I'm in some pretty awesome company all the way around!

Jules said...

Your room is great before and after! LOL!
Hey I notice you have green works cleaner on your desk, was that in prep to clean or do you clean your stamps with it??? I about done being a hobby SU demo and I was looking for something different to use?

Sorry to hear about your friends Mom...such a sweet card!

Have a good week.

Diane said...

It's amazing how the work area gets all messy but we still manage to find a wee spot to work on.
And other times we just have to clean,I hate when i get to that,lol.
Sorry to hear the news of your friend's mom,I'm sure she'll appreciate the beautiful card.
Have a great week girl!

Anonymous said...

I love your creativity Julie..hey shows what fun your having...`Creative clutter` I wwould like to call it!!!lol...TFS:)

Mescrap said...

Love your art-place.
Mine will get more messy & disorganised when I'm in arting.

Anonymous said...

I just love your stamp area - I have a small corner of my basement, so sad! Can I ask what you use for storing your markers? You have inspired me to get organized!

Debbie Olson said...

Oh, JUUUUUU-LIE! Wnatto come help me find my desk too? I know it's there. . . somewhere. . . (Beautiful room, BTW, and wonderful card too!)

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

OH, Julie, I LOVE before and after pics!!! I live in a constant state of before -- LOL!!! But, OH, that wonderful feeling of AFTER!!! I LOVE your room -- it is so serene and you have so much empty space -- very condusive to clear thinking, I would think!!! Congratst to you on getting this award and THANK YOU for passing it on to me!!!! MUCH APPRECIATED, my friend!!!

Shirley said...

Wow, your awards are so deserving and the card here is just so beautiful and such a great poem too! So elegant and lovely with the colors you chose.