Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fresh Picks.... Day 2!

Baby love.. my baby love... Sorry! I got distracted right off the bat! If you loved Day 1 of our Fresh Picks release, today will bring a warm fuzzy! This set is full of cuddles and toys for baby girls and baby boys!

Introducing....


This darling set drawn by Lauren Pope is full of beautiful, almost vintage looking baby items that are perfect to welcome in a brand new bundle of joy! Baby Love will be live in the Flourishes store after our Power Hour Release Party Friday night! The party starts at 9 Central right HERE on the Flourishes forum over on Splitcoast! If you click on the link... the chatter is already underway! :-)

The Senior Design Team wrapped up their creations and tied it with a bow for you all to see!

Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Faith Hofrichter
Julie Koerber
Latisha Yoast
Laura Fredrickson
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Nancy Kirk

Now, to my creation! I am coming to be known as the baby sweater lady in my neighborhood! I absolutely love making baby sweaters and love to shower a new mom and babe with them. It's fun for me to knit and purl and know that one day a darling new addition to someone's family will wear it!

I love to also make a card to go along with the project and up until now, I haven't really found a set that I love. Baby Love is PERFECT for baby gifts! See? This one is actually is going to my mom for a charity auction that she helps put together through her church. Edited To Add: Some of you asked what pattern I used and what yarn I used. Here goes! I took this from a pattern in the 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders book by Judith Durant. The pattern is called the Feather and Fan Baby Sweater. I used Caron Simply Soft yarn in Soft Pink. It's inexpensive yarn and knits up very nice -- and washable!

How fun is it to have a great little sentiment and small images perfect for tags?
The card was a blast to create! I took my lead from this week's Timeless Tuesday challenge hosted by Silke Ledlow, which was to score! I scored a criss-cross design onto my Flourishes Classic White card stock and then filled the "diamonds" with the smaller images in this set! The sentiment is also part of the new set. Add a fun punched border and you're almost done! The sentiment was layered with the help of some SU punches and some of that gorgeous May Arts Satin Ribbon. I also added some of the smallest Kaiser pearls to the areas where my diamonds meet.


Do you want to win this set? All you need to do is leave a comment over on the Flourishes Newsletter! A winner will be announced tomorrow! And, remember, the clock is ticking on our Fit For Royalty challenge! Enter and you could win all four of our new release sets. You can read all about it HERE!

Tomorrow brings our final day of peeks leading up to our full of fun Release Party! Tomorrow's set is a fresh pick straight from the garden! You won't want to miss it!

See you tomorrow!

Post a Comment