Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sneak Peeks.... Day 4!

When I first laid eyes on the concept for this next set, I actually shook my head and said, now that's creative! I thought of all those main streets in America where the lamp post is the conversation piece. It's the place where cities announce big events, holidays, and celebrations! It's a charming way to connect with the community. So, why not bring that same feel and that same message to a card sized creation? That's exactly what illustrator Lauren Pope did!

Introducing......


This set not only has the lampost that you can deck out, it has a half dozen "flags" that you can perch on your post as a way to say "hi" or celebrate! Celebration was on the brain when I whipped up my Lamp Post Greetings creation! I wanted to make a fun coordinating card... to match a little bit of birthday sweetness! When I saw this flag - a cupcake flag popped into my head! And, when you see this set in full, you'll see how many FUN cupcake flags you could make! Welcome, baby, patriotic, birthday, holiday, Mom's Day, Dad's Day... you name it! TOO FUN!

Here's a close up of the cuppy cake! And, this is a peek at the flag before I wrapped it around a toothpick - I left a little tab of paper to glue to the pick.... Now for the deets on my creation! Easy peasy! I stamped in Versafine Tuxedo Black and colored with watercolor pencils, blending with a blender pen. The light blue accent around my flag was done with the BG11 Copic marker and then blended with the Blender Pen. For the color on my lamp post image on my card, I simply sponged on some blue and green ink. I left my spellbinders Nesabilities die on my Mega Rectangle shape to serve as a mask while I sponged. Add some fun decorative paper, some fun ribon and some bling.... and that's pretty much it!

And, as you're about to see when to take a trip around to the Senior Design team, this set can be used in so many different ways! It can even be combined with other Flourishes stamp sets to make an even bigger impact! So stop by these fine ladies' blogs to check it all out....

Christine Okken
Latisha Yoast
Stacy Morgan
Cindy Lawrence
Laura Fredrickson
Leslie Miller

Would you like to win this set? Hop on over to the Flourishes Newsletter and leave a comment to be in the running for the daily drawing!

MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR MORE FUN AT FLOURISHES...

Did you see our Favorite Things Challenge? If you play, you will have a chance at winning all FIVE of our new releases for November! That's one valuable prize - you could even call it an early Christmas present! Click HERE for the details.

Speaking of the release, you'll want to join us this Friday for our POWER HOUR RELEASE PARTY! It's a super duper fun time full of games, goodies, and prizes up for grabs! We'll host it in the Flourishes Forum over on Splitcoast HERE from 9 to 10 PM Central Standard Time. As the party wraps, all of our sets that we peek this week will be put in store for your shopping pleasure!

Tomorrow's set will have you relaxing and sipping some tea with winter dreams swirling through your head! Stay tuned! We'll see you back here tomorrow!

9 comments:

Teri C said...

How totally cute is that????!!!!?? I just love that little happy birthday sign on the cupcake!

NancyK said...

OMG - this is just darling! I love how you put the little flag on the cupcake. Too cute!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is such a fun and clever idea. I love the cupcake pick, so going to have to do this one year. Awesome work girlie!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is totally cute! Both cupcakes look delicious!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh! Love how you put the flag on the cupcake! What a cute idea!

ChristineCreations said...

Now how smart is that to make a flag for the cupcake! What a sweet little pairing Julie!

Latisha said...

Julie, love this!!! I am so stealing that cupcake idea!
hugs
Latisha

Unknown said...

Oh this is so cute, Julie!! Love the flag on the cupcake! What a fabulous idea!!

Jenny Gropp said...

This is so sweeeeeeeet! Fun and cute!