Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's all about Easter IO Challenge!

Hi all! Happy Thursday! It's time for another Impression Obsession Design Team challenge! We're hopping along to share a bit of Easter inspiration with you all! The fun part is, if you join us and make an Easter creation using IO stamps, you could win a $25 gift certificate to the IO store! What fun! You can check out the IO Blog for all the details!

For my creation, I decided to pick up the stamp called Garden Fence along with some distress inks to watercolor my image. There is something so peaceful and serene about this image. And, while it's not an Easter scene, I thought a spring scene was perfect for this time of year. Easter is all about renewal and growth and that's what this scene says to me!

I stamped the image onto watercolor paper and then colored with Distress Ink Reinkers by adding a few drops of each color to a paint palette and picking it up with a water brush. I used Tea Dye, Worn Lipstick, Broken China, Mulled Lavender, Dried Marigold, Peeled Paint, Scattered Straw, and Antique Linen. After I was done with my image, I wet the paper above my image and added a bit of watered down Broken China ink for my watercolor washed sky. Mat this onto some fun decorative paper, add some crocheted lace, a button and some pearls and done!

I do have to admit that I forgot to take a picture of the inside where my sentiment is but this is what it says!


I really, really love this sentiment! While this card was on the subtle side, I do have quite a few Easter projects and cards using IO stamps to "re-share!" There was THIS project that was a ton of fun for my daughter's class at school. THIS little treat pouch! And last but not least, THIS fun little card!

There you have it a bit of Easter inspiration for you! If you want to see more, be sure to hop along to the rest of the Impression Obsession design team to see what they created with an Easter flair!

Daniela
Dina
Kathy
Kelli
Jeanne
Jenny
Tina
Laura
Rosemary

Thanks for stopping by! I'll see you back here soon!

12 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

What a pretty little scene along the fence, Julie! I love your soft watercoloring. Perfect for a beautiful spring day!

Deb Neerman said...

Just beautiful, Jewels!! So soft and pretty ... looks just like a warm spring day!

Shirley said...

Wow! Your choice of colors is always just so wonderful. This is gorgeous and just so stunning too!

Dina Kowal Creative said...

How fun that we used the same stamp! Love this.

D

Janine said...

I Love this Julie!! Just gorgeous.!!

GrannyCharlotte said...

Lovely card. The softness of the watercolors makes one feel so peaceful and thankful that spring is on its way.

tina werner said...

beautiful water colouring! lovely card!

Anonymous said...

Subtle and sincere say all necessary sentiment! Wow!

Jenny Gropp said...

stunning shading! looks so soft and but full of life! Love it, Julie!

Sue from Oregon said...

What a pretty water color scene!

ChristineCreations said...

So sweetly watercolored Julie! A beautiful delicate touch.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Gorgeous coloring, Julie! Great card!