HOW TO PLAY: Let's heat things up with a Valentine-inspired color challenge to get ready for next week's fun-filled relase! To enter our The Colors of Love Challenge,simply use shades of pink, white, and red and then link your card up HERE on this post. If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword FLLCJAN11. You have until January 14th at 5 PM Eastern to enter! Use Flourishes stamps if you have them, but if you don't, please play along anyway! The winner will recieve all of Flourishes new releases for the month!
And, here's a peek at my creation! It's an easy peasy treat cup, perfect for those choc-o-holics in your life!
What You Will Need:
- 9-ounce clear party cups
- Treat cup cover template (create by cutting up the cup, taking off the bottom and using it as a template)
- Decorative scrapbook paper - 12 by 12" sheet
- Spellbinders Heart Nestabilities Die
- 1/4" Scor-Tape (best stuff ever!)
- Decorative cellophane
- Candy of your choice
- Coordinating ribbon
- Stickers, rhinestones or other embellishments
- Cut a part your clear cup, taking out the bottom of your cup and then cutting along back vertically to create a template for your treat cup sleeve. Trace the shape onto your decorative paper and use scissors to cut the shape out.
- Using a decorative punch or die, cut the center of your treat cup sleeve that you just created. The punched area will serve as a window on your cup sleeve, allowing the candy inside the cup to show through.
- Embellish your sleeve with stickers, gems or other embellishments if you like.
- Cut a piece of cellophane to measure 13” by 6”. Attach this to the inside top portion of your sleeve by running a strip of Scor-Tape around the top and securing the cellophane.
- Wrap the decorative cup sleeve around your clear cup and secure with Scor-Tape.
- Bunch the cellophane and tie it up with a decorative bow.
- I used one stamp on this design -- it's the Sweet Friend sentiment from the Angelic Love set! I thought it was perfect for this project! I stamped using Tuxedo Black Ink on a smaller die cut heart to fit into the punched heart left over from my project.
- Fill your cup with the candy of your choice. The more colorful, the more of a “show” your candy will make in the cut-out window.