Thursday, February 24, 2011

One BIG Happy Birthday!!!!


Let’s light the candles and strike up the music!! The owner of Flourishes – Jan Marie Caruso – is celebrating a birthday and we’re helping her by getting the party started! Why not leave some love on the Flourishes blog HERE and while you are there, start to hop on through the Flourishes team members who are honoring her special day! Jan Marie is the kind of lady that when you meet her, you feel like you've known her forever -- she's about as warm and generous as they come! So... Happy Birthday Jan Marie! We hope you kick up your heels and relax and hope that your day is the absolute best!

For my creation, I pulled out the All Wrapped Up set. I just love the wrapped packages in this set -- so perky!

After coloring it up with a mix of Copics (RV32, RV34, RV02, RV00, B000, B0000, BG10, and BG11), I stamped the bow a second time and colored it up, cutting it out and popping it up on my package. Cut it out using a circle die, add some paper piercing and some stitching, some bling, a fun and festive cotton linen ribbon and a sentiment stamped on a pennant (one of the brand new Spellbinders pennants) with a great sentiment from the Enjoy the Ride set. The decorative paper is BasicGrey Olivia.

And here's a close up of the little sentiment! I love little sayings like this -- perfect for the front of a card!

Be sure to hop on over and give Jan a Happy Birthday shout out over at her home on the web HERE and... while you're hopping, check out these fun and festive wishes and grab some great ideas for birthday cards along the way!

Barbara Anders
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence -- has some candy to honor the birthday girl!
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Leslie Miller -- has blog candy for the BIG day!
Stacy Morgan
Betty Wright
Cindy Haffner
Dee Jackson
Maki Jones
Silke Ledlow
Tammy Hershberger
Beate Johns
Cindy Coutts -- is keeping the party going with blog candy!
Heather Jensen
Kathy Jones
Yvonne Hagane

Thanks for stopping by and spending a few minutes of your day with me! TGIF... and have a great weekend too!



p.s.I almost forgot! Have you checked out Flourishes' Gambler's Sale? All sale prices on the Sale Page are now at least 25% off! Click HERE to check it out!

43 comments:

Glenda said...

This is just gorgeous! I love that you gave the bow on the box extra dimension. It gives a great look to this image!

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, Julie! Don't tease me with the new dies. I know I need them all.
Hugs and smiles

Janine said...

Hi sweets!! Love the ribbon on this card... Such a gorgeous color!`

Cindy Haffner said...

Julie so PRETTY in Pink!!

Mary said...

What a pretty card! Love the coloring and you tie a beautiful bow.

dpkennedy said...

Julie, this is so soft and pretty! Makes me want to look inside that package! Gorgeous!

Michelle Quinno said...

This is so pretty! Love your sentiment tags!

Barbara said...

This is gorgeous, Julie! I love your coloring and that double pennant sentiment flag is genius!

Dawn B. said...

Beautiful job Julie.. I haven't seen this set inked up and love it.. Great colors..

Stacy Morgan said...

Julie this is so cheerful and sweet. Your tag is awesome and these colors are springy fresh! I love your present as well! Just perfect.

ChristineCreations said...

Perfect ribbon bow, I love the popped up package ribbon, and oh those pennant dies look SO perfect!

So pretty Julie!

Yvonne Hagane said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Julie! Love the color combo and your fabulous coloring! Have a great weekend:)

Anonymous said...

Making a splash of grand greetings for JM's birthday is so well done.
Keep Looking UP!

Laura said...

Love this! I've never seen the present stamp. I need to start making a list from this blog hop.

Betty Wright said...

Julie, this is wonderful and so beautifully done! Love the soft distressing and touches of gems! Lovely card!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty Julie!! I love the colors!

Leslie Miller said...

Just darling with this beautifully colored package and cute layout, Julie! I love how the ribbon picks up the blue in the paper. Love that Blossom Nestie, too. Fabulous card!

PatS said...

Cute card. Like the dimensional treatment on the bow.

Silke Ledlow said...

Julie, this card is beautiful! Love the present image and the 3D bow! Thank you for making this a fun surprise hop for Jan Marie! Hugs ~S~

denise g. said...

Hmmm - I'm not well. I keep staring at that cool cotton linen ribbon. I cannot be focusing on a ribbon - ACK! Next thing you know, I'll be putting frou-frou bows and such on MY cards. This is really lovely, by the way and not just the ribbon, but the whole creation. Happy Weekend! Off to think about brads or grunge or something...

sandyh said...

very cute card! i love the little pennant!
sandyh

Debby said...

pretty card...thanks.

Jean McKenzie said...

This is a perfect birthday card for Jan Marie! Just love the colours and that image AND that gorgeous ribbon. Hmmm I must go looking for some! Beautiful card!

Jan Marie said...

Julie, you are a dear....so is this very lovely card. I can't believe you all surprised me so....I have had a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Jan Marie

Amanda said...

Julie, I love your card!! A beautiful and very special birthday card :) Love it :)

Auntie Em said...

So cute and country with a touch of sophistication by adding some bling! Love the repeated scallops and the pretty spring colours.
Thank you for sharing! :o)

Anonymous said...

Lovely! The sanding on the back scalloped oval is lovely. The cotton bow ties things together wonderfully and I also like that you cut out the bow on the gift. So pretty.
Beth Greco

Sande said...

Adorable! Makes you just want to reach over and take the lid off the box. Love the soft colors and the offset layout.

Great job.

Peachy Wessels said...

What a pretty card! I love these packages in this set and your ribbon looks great! What a nice way to say Happy birthday!

Pat said...

The Blog Hop led me to your blog and I was so surprised to see you are from Billings! Billings is still "home" in my heart. We moved from there in 2003 and I still miss it. I love your work!

Karen McAlpine said...

Lovely and cheerful card!

Dee Jackson said...

Beautiful card Julie! I love how that gift just pops:)

Karen said...

what a happy looking birthday gift! Lovely card

Heather Rogers said...

So very cute Julie. Love the sweet little package. :)
Hugs~

Betty said...

Oh Julie that is so pretty and spring like...are you sick of winter too? We were -20 this morning and have only had 4 days of above 32 since the middle of Nov. YUK. Those new dies look great. Guess some of the stuff I'm taking back to Eddie Bauer money will have to go to SPellbinders.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card, Julie! I LOVE the double flags for the sentiment!

Diane said...

Well isn't that sooo purty!!!
So lovely!!!

Charlotte said...

So cute! Love the dimension on the package!

Cindy Coutts Designs said...

I am so sorry that I'm late leaving a comment for you. This move is really difficult.

Oh this rocks Julie! I like how you did the sentiment leaving one banner blank. Very creative of you and different, but it's good. I see a new trend coming!

Spyder said...

Love the colours, I wonder what's inside!
(Lyn)

Yogi said...

very pretty. Love the colors

Shannon White said...

So Pretty Ms. Julie! I loved your gorgeous coloring as always and the pennant dies are too adorable for words! 8-)

Kathy Jones said...

Julie this is just delightful in pink!! What a great design and love the double tag!! Gorgeous!!