Thursday, August 11, 2011

Flourishes Sneak: Day 3!

Hi all and welcome to day 3 of Flourishes' fun-filled sneak peek week! With today’s set, you can almost smell the goodness! If you like to cook or love the smell of a great pasta sauce simmering in the kitchen, wait until you see what Flourishes whipped up!

Here’s a peek!



This set, penned by Marcella Hawley is ripe for the picking with beautiful tomatoes, lush and flavorful herbs plus a tasty vignette that just screams of Italian cuisine in the making. Throw in six beautifully scripted sentiments and you have all the ingredients for one delish set!

On to my creation!



When I saw the lush bunch of tomatoes in this set, I squealed. Oh, don’t they look delish? I just knew I needed to color them up first! I stamped on Flourishes Classic Ivory Card Stock using Rich Cocoa Memento ink and then, I grabbed my Copic markers. I used a mix of the Poppy and Gerber Daisy collections grouped by Flourishes. After that, I picked up a mix of BasicGrey (Hello Luscious), and Bo Bunny papers (the newsprint paper is actually a scrap from my decorative paper bin.) Wrap around some ivory cotton ribbon that was distressed thanks to Antique Linen Distress ink (sponged on) and you’re almost done! I used the Spellbinders Nested Lacey Pennants die for my sentiment flag (cut thanks to my Grand Calibur machine), added some stitching and a button and… done!


Here's a closeup! As you can see, I did stamp my tomatoes a few times to layer and pop up elements. I wanted it to look like my tomatoes were literally popping off the card! ;-)
This set will be ripe for the picking Friday morning... BUT... you have a chance to win your own setWant to win your own Italian Garden set? Well, here’s how! Can you guess….
That’s right -- one of our designers on the link list below is the Mystery Blogger! So, you’ll want to leave comments on all of their blogs. Why? Because one of them will be choosing one lucky comment on today’s post and that commenter will win this set!


  • Barbara Anders

  • Christine Okken

  • Cindy Lawrence

  • Danielle Kennedy

  • Julie Koerber

  • Leslie Miller

  • Stacy Morgan

  • Maki Jones

  • Tammy Hershberger

  • OTHER WAYS TO WIN!
    Do you love a good challenge? If so, you’ll have to tune back to the Flourishes blog at noon for one of our special Noon Time Challenges! This one promises to be tasty (that's a bit of a hint) and if you play along, you could win Flourishes ENTIRE AUGUST RELEASE!

    Did you check out our Shades of Sunset Challenge yet? You could also win our release that way too! Click HERE for all the details!

    Tomorrow’s set is for those kids at heart! That’s all we are saying about that, so be sure to check back!
    Post a Comment