Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A little Bo Bunny/Scor-Pal Treat!

Hi all! This week Scor-Pal is teaming up with Bo-Bunny to share some projects using these two fabulous products together! Since I am using Bo Bunny's paper line Father Christmas, I thought I'd whip up a project that would be perfect as a little hostess gift or accent for your home!

So, let's get started! I wanted to create some Christmas coasters and a little coaster stand to hold them in. I started with these round coasters that I found in the dollar bin at Michaels.

I'll admit, they are pretty as is -- but mine will take on more of a Christmas flair! I started by making my holder. Take a piece of paper (Bo Bunny Wine Dot) that measures 5-1/2" by 10-1/2" and score 1/2" on each side lengthwise.


Flip your paper 90 degrees and then score at 2-1/2", 4-1/2", 5-1/2" and 8". 


Fold each side in, and fold along all lines (valley folds). You can see below that I added some 1/4" Scor-Tape so that the two outside sections could be folded in. 

After you fold both of those sections in, flip your polka dot paper over and add some Scor-Tape to the 1" base section. To create my coaster holder, I also created a cummerbund and base. The cummerbund section was created with a 1-1/2" by 11-1/2" strip of green polka dot paper. It was scored at 1/2", 5" and 6" and 1o-1/2".  I secured on the side with some Scor-Tape. I also created a base for my coaster holder to sit on by covering a 4-1/2" by 2" piece of chipboard with this beautiful striped decorative paper (Bo Bunny Father Christmas Stripe).

 And, this is what it looks like when you put it all together!


Add a Layered Chipboard sticker from the collection to spruce up the front and this part of the project is done! I have to say, I love how the rhinestones are already attached to these stickers -- makes it so easy!

The next part was making my coasters more festive! I covered each with a different paper from the Father Christmas collection and secured to my round coasters with the help of some Modge Podge. 


And, here's a peek at all five done! You can see that I layered pieces and parts from different papers to give it more pizazz and really give it that decoupaged look. I just love the classic lines of these papers -- it creates a truly vintage look, don't you think?


Add the coasters to the cute little holder and.... voila! 

Be sure to join the rest of the Scor-Pal DT this week as they share more inspiring projects with the Scor-Pal and some really pretty Bo-Bunny papers and embellishments! All you need to do is just click HERE to check out all the creative inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by! I'll see you back here soon!


~Julie

Post a Comment