Thursday, December 8, 2011

Just "Soup"er!

Hi all! "Soup" anyone? Jillibean Soup of course! The gals over at Scor-pal have teamed up with Jilllibean Soup for a fun-filled hop showcasing a sampling of projects you can create when you match up these fun paper and embellishments with one very essential scoring tool!

When I first laid eyes on the Hearty Barley collection from Jillibean Soup, I knew I wanted to think ahead to Valentine's Day for this project. I know. I know. It's hard to think Valentine's Day when we haven't even celebrated Christmas yet, but trust me, you'd want to play if you saw this darling collection too! The inspiration for my creation all started here....
This darling paper is called Beef Broth and when I looked at it, I saw a set of "love notes" that I could slip in my hubby's brief case from time to time! Aren't they cute? So, I started by cutting these notes apart and rounding the corners on all of the little cards. And, this is what I ended up with...
From here, I wanted to create a matchbook style cover to stick my love notes inside! I started with a 3-1/2" strip of THIS paper called Fresh Mushrooms. It's a darling wood grain. 
From there, I picked up my Scor-pal and scored on the 1", 1-1/4". 5-1/2", and 5-3/4" lines. I folded, and using a 1/16" hole punch, I punched a hole through the two layers on each lower side, adding some fun red brads. Here's a peek.....
This is the base for my matchbook style note holder. From there --the embellishing began! this is the fun part if you ask me! I used this die cut sheet called Pea Pods below for all of the accents on my holder...

And this below is how my holder turned out! 


I also added a button from the collection called Cool Beans, some Maraschino colored twine from the Twinery. Here's a closeup! You can see how I used one of the frames and sentiments, a punched border and one of the fun index cards. I love how no matter what you do -- it's all color coordinated!

And here's a peek at how my cards fit inside. The punched border ends up holding the flap from the front down when it tucks down inside.... 

And that, my friends, is it! I darling little love note holder to dig into when you want to tuck some hugs and kisses in a briefcase, or leave them next to the morning coffee! ;-) 

Thanks for stopping by! You'll have to head on over to the Scor-Pal blog HERE to see what some of the other Scor-Pal designers whipped up using some of the Jillibean Soup collections! The projects are to die for--- so be sure to check them out!! TGIF everyone! 

1 comment:

Ravengirl said...

This is totally darling! Love the idea and I may need something like that for when my hubby leaves next month!