Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hey there! Hi! Hello!

If you can't tell by the title, giving a little hey there or hello is the topic for one of this month's challenges for Impression Obsession! The fun starts now and runs through next Wednesday, February 22nd! Play along and you could win $25 in the Impression Obsession store! Want to find out how to play -- just visit the IO Blog! 

On to my creation!

One of the new stamp sets just released at CHA features this little lady named "Sarah!" I just love the fact that you have one main image in this clear set plus a handful of different sentiments you can use as well! You can click HERE to see for yourself! I know my card doesn't really say.. "Hello!" but come on -- this little gal is on a bike and she's ready to come for a happy little visit! :-) I think it works! 

Card tidbits: I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored my scene up with Copic markers. I used these colors - BG11, BG000, BG0000, R27, YG00, YG03, YG06, YR07, YR09, E33, E37, RV32, RV34, C00, C03 and C05.  

After I colored her up, I did add some paper piercing and some glitter on the wings of the little butterflies and on the little flowers. See? 

And I added the sentiment on a punched circle and then matted it on a Spellbinders Blossom die, added a little twine, some decorative paper from my stash, a little blue ribbon band and... voila! 
Want to see how the rest of the IO Design Team is sharing a little Hey There, Hi and Hello? Just click on over and see....
Daniela Dobson
Dina Kowal
Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp
Julie Koerber -- you are here!
Laura Fulcher
Vicki Garrett

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Thursday everyone and I'll see y'all back here real soon! :-)

~Julie

5 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

What an adorable card ! The image is too cute !

Patti J said...

She's absolutely adorable! I think her sentiment is perfect. Thanks for sharing!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Sweet image- beautifully colored. This is such a fun card!

Stacy Morgan said...

Tottally CUTE! Vibrant and cheerful Julie.

Katie said...

Really cute card! Love how you did the grass and pavement edging, and the tires! Also love how you matted the sentiment! Thanks for sharing!

Katie B.