Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Country Road Challenge!

Are you ready for a fun challenge inspired by your neck of the woods? That's right, this Flourishes noon time challenge is all about sharing your surroundings with the stamping world!


HOW TO PLAY: This one is fun because we get to share our OWN favorite country roads as inspiration! Share a photo, pick three colors in the photo and use them in your card or creation. Just that simple! If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword FLLCAUGRW2 and don't forget to link up your creation below using the Inlinkz Widget.

Need a little inspiration? I created a card that reminded me of a neck of woods near my house that my family uses to hike and bike on and I picked up Flourishes' brand new set called Country Road!

Here's my inspiration! This is a stretch of trail that sits right next to the Yellowstone River and it's just as peaceful as can be! I picked up on the blues and greens in this photo....


And... here is my creation! Creating was easy with Authentique Loyal Paper! It had all the right hues. Isn't this a great "guy" paper pack? I think so! I stamped using Memento Tuxedo black and added some highlights thanks to the Inkssentials White Gel Pen. Add some stitching, pinking and a fabby button and.. ta da! Done! 



You'll have to check out these fine ladie's creations as well! It will be fun to see a favorite spot of theirs as inspiration!

Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Stacy Morgan
Amanda Havon
Cindy Haffner  


The OFFICIAL Rules…..
  • Simply create a card using a country road or scene near your home choosing colors from the photo for your creation!
  • Entries need to be in by Friday, August 10 by 5 PM EST
  • Those that use Flourishes stamps will be counted twice for their entry
  • You must link your creation on this post using our inlinkz widget in order to qualify
  • You must have a link to our challenge in your blog or gallery post
  • Please DO NOT combine challenges.
  • If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword FLLCAUGRW2
  • We’ll announce the winners Saturday in our Winner’s Circle Post – check back Saturday, August 11 at noon CST to see if you’re one of the lucky winners!

Thanks for stopping by! I'll see you back here tomorrow to unveiil one final set that honors the flowers of fall! All of the stamp sets that I've been sneak peeking this week will be in the Flourishes store and I'll have news of another fun addition to Flourishes that you will want to check out! See you back here then!

 
Pin It

10 comments:

Ravengirl said...

This looks so nice and wonderfully peaceful! Great challenge. I can't wait to walk out and take a picture of the road that I live on!

Amanda said...

I love the manly card you made! They are my nemesis and you made it look so easy, Julie :) The paper, pinking and all the details are amazing! :)

~ Amanda :)

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card - and I love all the papers and details you added.

Thanks for sharing with us.

MizMaryAnn said...

This is a perfect manly card. Great job picking out the papers.

lindagrady said...

This image is so awesome - love it with each blog I look at. Great man papers; great paper pad.

Linda Carson said...

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Country pretty, the design and folds are fun and I really like this paper pack and the iamge. Very pretty and charming.

Cindy Lawrence said...

One of these days I would love to come and visit your beautiful country side! Your card is lovely...fabulous layout and beautiful use of patterned papers!

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous, Julie! Love the different papers you used and the new stamp!

Holly said...

Just wonderful! I love your "real" country road picture, and your card is so fresh and soothing!