HOW TO PLAY: For this noon challenge, your card just has to be a little on the rugged side. Use faux leather, "lasso" in some fun trim or give your creation a distressed look -- you choose. Just make sure your card is worthy of the wild west! Upload to SCS? Use the keyword FLLCSEPTRW2 and don’t forget to link up your creation HERE over on the Flourishes Blog using the Inlinkz widget!
Need a little inspiration? I created a card that reminded me a wee bit of the rugged west using Flourishes' new stamp set called Cowboy Christmas!
I stamped on Flourishes Classic White using Memento Tuxedo Black and then let the fun begin coloring it up with Copic markers! (See supplies below for details on which color collections I used). I added a mix of decorative paper from the Glitz Happy Travels, Authentique Genuine, Jillibean Soup and My Mind's Eye Fiddlesticks collections. Add some stitching, some twine and a fun western style brad and..... ta da! I love this set because being from Montana where cowboys are everywhere, it's nice to have this kind of set for Christmas creations!
Here's a closeup!
And, here's a closer look at the fun sentiment!
And that, my friends, is it! While you’re hopping, be sure to check out these fine ladies' creations as well!
- Danielle Kennedy
- Heather Jensen
- Julie Koerber -- you are here!
- Sharon Doolittle
- Tammy Hershberger
- Denise Marzec
- Cindy Haffner
- Simply create a wild West inspired creation!
- Entries need to be in by Friday, September 14 by 5 PM EST
- Those that use Flourishes stamps will be counted twice for their entry
- You must link your creation on this post using our inlinkz widget in order to qualify
- You must have a link to our challenge in your blog or gallery post
- Please DO NOT combine challenges.
- If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword FLLCSEPTRW2
- We’ll announce the winners Saturday in our Winner’s Circle Post – check back Saturday at noon CST to see if you’re one of the lucky winners!
I’ll see you back here tomorrow as Flourishes unveils one final set that is a truly elegant way to usher in the holiday! All of the stamp sets being sneak peeked this week will be in the Flourishes store first thing tomorrow morning and the design team will have news of another fun addition to Flourishes that you will want to check out! See you back here then!