Saturday, February 2, 2013

Little Springtime Fun!

Hi all! Hope the weekend is starting out right in your neck of the woods! I have some fun news to share! Recently, one of my creative friends - Becky Fleck - launched a new venture and will be designing stamps for Penny Black! It's funny, I remember when I first started stamping, Penny Black was one of the companies that I gravitated toward. I loved the images and taught many a class using those designs (and even stickers!)

So, imagine my surprise when Becky asked if I would like to create using some of her new designs! Well, twist my arm! ;-)

So, here's a peek at one of my first creations! I have to admit, this one is a little different from -- no make that A LOT different --  from the cards I usually make. I had a ton of fun!



First up, the set is called Home Sweet Home and features a handful of darling little houses to color up, plus some other accents! So, I stamped all of the images on my card base (except for the house) and I did so in a way that I could create my "hills" of decorative paper! I cut slopes out from the paper and then added stitched and paper pieced accents to add a little texture. After that, stamp the house, color it up using Copic Markers (see list below for colors that I used) and add some fun accents. I used a mish-mash of paper from my scrap bin, so I really can't tell you what I used. The red ribbon is some red seam binding, add a button, some turquoise and white twin and almost done! 

You can see in the close up below that I did add some fun effects to the trees. I colored them dark to light from bottom to top and then, when I was done, I used the brush tip of my mid-range and darker shades of green to just stipple in some color. I thought it turned out cute!  You can also see that I popped up the house by cutting it out and mounting in on my card base with some foam tape.


And then, for the fun little sentiment, I ended up stamping and cutting out using Spellbinders Classic Circles and matting it on a shape cut from Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circles. Add some red marker to the center of the heart and bedazzle it with glitter glue and... ta da!!!!


And that, my friends is it! Would you like to win Becky's entire new collection? Well, leave a comment HERE.  Becky's going to draw a winner MONDAY! 

Thanks for stopping by everyone - have a fantastic weekend!

~Julie

supplies:
 



Pin It

9 comments:

Patti J said...

Ha ha...I can see why your arm would need twisting to create with these images :) Wow, what fun! Love this card, and the bright, cheerful colors make me so happy! Thanks for sharing - can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

Nope, this is not "you". But you put Julie touches on it --- wonderful coloring, luscious ribbon, stitching and a button. Quite cute! Really like how you colored the trees and put the sentiment on the layered hearts. Happy weekend! denise g.

Leslie Miller said...

I seriously love it, Julie! It makes me feel good just to look at it. Your coloring is fabulous. Such a happy card, especially with that polka dot roof. LOVE polka dots! Yay for Becky!

Silke Ledlow said...

Awww...over the top cuteness Julie! This is a super fun card!

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh my, what an eye catching creation. Becky must have been so excited to see her stamps come alive like this!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a darling card! I love the fun colors- the fun scene and that great bow! Oh- the Polka dots are awesome too- lucky you- twisted arm and all...It will be fun to see what else your friend comes up with!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very cute Julie! Vibrant and cheerful.

Aleksandra said...

Ooooh this is super adorable! I love that funky little house and the heart shaped sentiment! So lovely!

Hugs and blessings,
Aleksandra

dpkennedy said...

This is adorable! I love your creation with those rolling hills and awesomely colored trees! Love Penny Black and Becky will be a great addition!