On to my creation!
A few weeks ago, I had a coloringfest... literally! I stamped off about 40 images and just colored and colored and colored. I found that if I grab a clipboard, keep my Copics close and color as I watch TV, my blood pressure drops probably 50 points and I take my time coloring. I honestly have no idea how long this one took but I didn't worry about it! I enjoyed every marker stroke!
Because this image is a little more detailed, I wanted to make sure that my card stayed somewhat simple. So, after I colored up my image, I used Spellbinders Labels Twenty Eight to cut my image out. Mat it up on a piece of red decorative paper (this was an old one from Kaiser's Miss Nelly) that was edged thanks to a gold leaf pen. I matted it on some kraft card stock and then again on my green card stock card. Add some fun sheer ribbon and add a little bling and... ta da! Done!
Here's a close up! You can see I did add a wee bit of sparkle thanks to a Sakura glitter pen around my lantern.
Home for the Holidays is such a beautiful set of images and our Design Team is going to show off how festive it is today! Don’t forget to look for:
Hidden among the Design Team’s blogs today is our Mystery Blogger of the day. Comment on her blog and you could be chosen to win today’s set! The more you comment, the better your chances of winning.
- Allison Cope
- Christine Okken
- Cindy Lawrence
- Heather Jensen
- Julie Koerber -- you are here!
- Maki Jones
- Silke Ledlow
- Stacy Morgan
- Tosha Leyendekker
Do you want to win Flourishes' entire September Release?If you would like a chance at winning all five of our soon-to-be released September sets…
- You can play in our Get in Shape Challenge – we will have multiple winners there! Deadline for entries is FRIDAY September 13th at 5 PM EST. Check out the link for the official rules!
- All five of our September sets can be pre-ordered now, even before you see them all! Take advantage our New Release Bundle and get 10% off when you purchase all five sets together in a bundle. This discount will be available for only 1 week following the release.
- All sets will be live first thing Friday morning along with the coordinating cut files for this release.
- Come back to the Flourishes Blog Saturday for the Winner’s Circle where we’ll announce all of our winners of this weeks’ challenges!