Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sunday Sketchiness!

Hi all! On September 1st the fabulous Becky Fleck unveiled a whole new round of card making sketches over on PageMaps to inspire and.... today I have another one to show you using some of Becky's newest Christmas stamps for Penny Black! (Did you check out the new PageMaps web design -- fun stuff!)

Ok... on to the sketch! Here's a peek....

And... here's my creation!

I used the set Trim-a-Tree for this one. It's a goodie! Why? Because you have your tree and then you have all the things you can use to deck out your tree! So, I stamped my tree in green and then I decked it out with lights, ornaments, a tree topper and some presents. Of course, I had to do some masking a long the way in order to make sure my presents sat in front of my tree. I colored it up with Copic markers and used the collections below. One fun thing was, I decided to add some texture to my tree by stippling on the color. See?



I added a bow, a red pave gem and then a little sentiment that I added to a die cut from Spellbinders that was also designed by Becky!


Add a little razzle dazzle with some extra bling, add a sentiment flag and mat it all up using Penny Black's Madison Paper Pack and.... ta da! Done! And that, my friends is it! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. It was crazy here. We had storm after storm and lost power twice. I was actually in the middle of making a card when.. BAM.. lights out! (Insert heavy sigh here!)

I should tell you that I have been super busy in my craft room and will have posts here pretty much every day this week. So... be sure to tune back in! I'll have a lot of fun things to share!

~Julie

supplies:



Pin It

No comments: