Thursday, February 13, 2014

Savings and inspiration you'll LOVE!!!

Free for All Friday with Border

Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone!  What a great day set aside to tell people you love them!  And on that note today we bring you another round of inspiration from our amazing Design Team in our Gambler’s Sale...this week we’re at 40% off!  In just a few days the prices will drop again to 50% off...the gamble is how long you wait before those items you love are gone!

Ok.. on to my creation! I had to do a Valentine's Day Creation today to not only wish you all a day of warm fuzzies but to share the card I made for my sweetie! If you read this post HERE, you know how special this set Tokens of Affection is to me! So.... my card!

For my creation, I had it in my head that I wanted to do a gate fold card with the hearts overlapping... and so.. that's where my creation led me! I used Spellbinders Classic Hearts and Classic Scalloped Hearts to cut out my shapes from Flourishes Classic White. While the die was still on, I did sponge on some Spun Sugar Distress Ink for a soft look. I stamped the robot in Tuxedo Black ink and the sentiment as well, adding the hearts from the Love Notes stamp set. From there -- I colored with Copics and used a range of reds, and pinks and cool greys. I tried to stick to color collections grouped by Flourishes but then, lost track! I used every red and pink marker I had! :-) Most of the paper is from the Alphabet Junction paper pack. The strip on the right is actually some old BasicGrey. 


I have to say those loopy brads have been in a drawer FOREVER and I love pulling them out in times like these when you just need a dash of whimsy! I used some red grosgrain and pink gingham ribbon to thread through for extra flair! You can also see in the other photo I added a screw head brad -- I thought that was fun. I have had those in my embellishment drawer forever too! I literally got those 5 years ago! ;-) 

And, here's a peek at the inside -- more hearts and -- a little note for my lovey to have a Happy Valentine's Day! 


And that, my friends, is it! The Flourishes girls are picking out sets and goodies they love to show to you, so head on over to visit and leave them some love:
And here’s all those SALE details in case you need a reminder... This week, prices are dropping again in our six-week Gambler's Sale. Starting now, all prices STOREWIDE are 40% off! With prices this low, your favorite sets won't be on our store shelves for long! In fact, many are already gone for good!

Why is this sale a gamble? Well, ALL of the items now in the store will be going, going, gone -- never to return again. So, if you see something you really want -- buy it now or take a gamble to see how low the price will go! Like we said, this week everything is 40% off with the code GAMBLERS40. Just use that code in the coupon box at the time of check out to get 40% off your entire order, even on already reduced sale prices! Each Monday, between now and February 24th, we'll be adding another 10% off!  What an amazing opportunity to save on these fantastic Flourishes stamps and supplies!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy the inspiration from the team today!

~Julie


Pin It

7 comments:

TLady said...

THIS SET is SOOO STINK'IN CUTE Julie!!!!!!!!:) You've made a FABULOUS CARD here!!!!:) AND I have some embellishments older than 5 years!!!!LOL I've got you beat Julie!:) HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

ChristineCreations said...

This is SO cute Julie...I love the gatefold design, the double hearts and those awesome brads! It still makes me smile that this set was designed with Ken in mind :) Adorable! Happy Valentine’s day friend!

Allison Cope said...

Freakin' adorable Julie! I love the overlapping hearts and your robo-lover is adorable! Happy Valentine's Day!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Julie: Well, I totally agree with everyone, this set is indeed so stinking CUTE!! I didn't see this post till today (I had some server problems, uggghh!!) but I wanted to wish you a belated Happy Valentine's Day!!! after all, the celebration of Love and Friendship should be every day. I'm getting this set ASAP!!!!!

Becky said...

OH My, how adorable!

Stacy Morgan said...

Darling valentine Julie, super cute idea with the hearts.

Leslie Miller said...

Cute and clever! I still have some of those loopy brads, too. Thanks for the reminder. There's so much in my stash I need to use up. I've always loved this set. Used the love tank for my sweetie's Valentine one year, and it's still a favorite.