Sunday, February 2, 2014

The stakes are getting higher!

Well folks, the stakes are getting a wee bit higher! It's week three of  Flourishes' six-week Gambler's Sale and they are stepping up the discount again -- this time to 30% off store wide! With that kind of discount, some of your favorite sets on your wish list won't last long!


Why is this sale a gamble? Well, ALL of the items now in the store will be going, going, gone -- never to return again. So, if you see something you really want -- buy it now or take a gamble to see how low the price will go! Like we said, this week everything is 30% off with the code GAMBLERS30. Just use that code in the coupon box at the time of check out to get 30% off your entire order, even on already reduced sale prices!

On to my creation!

Well, for my card today, I picked up a set that needed a little love. I chose In Nature. I needed to make a masculine card, and I thought this image was perfect. It's funny, while my family and I were watching football, I had my little case of Copic markers and some images and I just sat and colored! This was one that I just didn't seem to want to stop coloring -- I wanted to add more to the clouds, to the trees, to the grasses, to the water. I finally said -- Ok -- pur your hands up and step away from your markers! For my papers, I picked up some green scraps and took the kraft style paper from THIS paper pack. The strip is Flourishes Kraft. And... I stamped on Flourishes Classic White.   After stamping using Tuxedo Black, I used the New Leaves, Fields, Iced Aqua, Creamy and Poppy Collections grouped by Flourishes. 

And, one fun addition? I took the kraft paper and I accented it using the chevron stripe and the faded background from the So Distressed stamp set. There are SO many fun backgrounds in this set. They are all subtle designs when you want to add a little interest! Below you can see the chevron off to the side.... 


And below, you can see the faded stamp to create a kind of antiqued background. Add in some twine and a wood button and... ta da! Almost done! I did add the sentiment from the Mountain View stamp set because it was perfect for my card. 


And that, my friends, is it! This card is going to my brother. He just came to Montana for a wee visit for his birthday and I thought I would drop this in the mail to let him know how much we loved seeing him. I vowed to try to SEND as many cards as I made in 2014. Let's see if I can stick to that resolution! ;-)

Each Monday, between now and February 24th, we'll be adding another 10% off! While you're shopping, be sure to check out Flourishes' Mystery Bags! You pay $25 (before your discount) and inside are two stamp sets, some ribbon, a fun tutorial sheet for a stamping project along with some other goodies! It's a pack valued at more than $40. Click HERE to visit the store and pick one up today!

The Flourishes Design Team put their creative powers to work this week sharing some inspiration to help you kick off your week! Keep in  mind, if you love their creation and want to make one just like it -- these stamps won't last long!
Have fun shopping! Don't forget the code  GAMBLERS30 --  and remember that once these items are gone they will be gone forever!

~Julie


Pin It

10 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Good for you, vowing to send all those cards. Bet that's going to be a lot of cards. I either send them or sell them. This one is magnificent! You make it look so effortless. Love the masculine colors. The So Distressed worked out perfectly with this card. You are gifted!

Allison Cope said...

Awww... relaxing! Your nature scene is so serene Julie! I love it!

Becky said...

Good for you..This card is lovely.

Becky said...

Good for you..This card is lovely.

babbsy said...

Super!
Es ist immer wieder schön, diese Kunstwerke anzusehen.
Renate Koerper

TLady said...

WOW JULIE!!!!!!!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE ALL the little touches to this FABULOUS CARD!!!!!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOVE the set, SO DISTRESSED!!!!!!!!:) I've been using it on some ATC's for our kids lately! :) I know what you mean about "Step away from the markers...!" I should tell you about my Brother & Sister-in-law buying our kids NOISY TOYS for Christmas one year. So, when I went to buy presents the next year & in keeping with what my Sister-in-law said our nephew liked-Policemen, I found THE PERFECT GIFT! It was a Policeman cookie jar & every time you opened the jar, he'd say, "Step AWAY from the cookie jar!" They had a LONG DRIVE home & every bump that thing went off! LOL JUST THOUGHT you might enjoy that little story! LOL FABULOUS CARD & I KNOW your brother will LOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!;)

Stacy Morgan said...

Awesome guy card, the chevrons down the side are perfect. I am sure he loved it. I like your resolution too girlie. Whohoho!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

My oh my is this card ever gorgeous Julie!! LOVE your coloring (as always), and the chevrons and distress treatment are super fabulous touches!! What a great masculine card!!

ChristineCreations said...

Such a gorgeous card Julie...the masculine tones are so perfect. You did such a beautiful job with the colouring and I love the So Distressed elements in this too. Plus those little pops of red are perfect too.

Kathy Jones said...

Gorgeous Julie!! Beautiful colouring and love the papers you've used with this theme!!