Friday, April 18, 2014

A Little Friday Creativity.....

Hi all! Hope life is fabulous in your neck of the woods. I stole away some time today for a wee bit of creativity. After surfing some of the new creations over on Splitcoast, I had to see what some of the challenges were this week! ;-) I am loving trying to do one each week!

I only had about a half hour today and so.... with an oh-so cute sketch courtesy of Ally -- Sketch Challenge Hostess with the Mostess over on Splitcoaststampers -- I decided to whip this little creation out for SC484!

Here's a peek at the sketch...

 And here's my creation using Power Poppy's Springtime Love set. It's funny, this set was still out on my desk from THIS creation! ;-) The sentiment is from Power Poppy's Good Thinking:Renewal set!


I took some decorative paper from Echo Park's Off the Record paper pack. The pink stripe is also from Echo Park I believe. I added a 4" doily behind my image and stamped my flowers directly on the decorative paper, coloring it with just a few Copics -- R81, R83, R85, G43, G20, BV00, B63 and E42 (for the shading around my flowers). I did add a little Antique Linen Distress Ink -- sponged it around the edge of my decorative paper and then added a little gold leaf border, some bling and a sentiment strip!  

Here's a close up!


And that, my friends, is it! Just click HERE if you want to give this sketch challenge a try and if I don't "see" you before Sunday, enjoy this weekend and have a blessed Easter!

Thanks for stopping by!

~Julie


Pin It

No comments: