Monday, June 9, 2014

Just Bloom!


Hello all and Happy Monday! Gosh, I can't believe it is the start to a new week already! I spent the weekend out in the sun watching my DD play softball from Friday night to late Sunday Afternoon. Note to self -- sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! ;-) So before we get to PageMaps Monday, I thought I'd share a Proud Mama moment! Let me introduce you to these little champions! They played amazing and ended up winning their fast pitch softball tourney! Yay!!!! Congrats girls!


Okay, moving on! As I try to do most Mondays, I go into the archives of PageMaps CardMaps greatness, pick a card sketch and use it to influence a fun-filled creation! Here's the sketch I picked from June  2013....


And here's my take on it using one of Penny Black's new stamps from Becky Fleck called Friendship Flowers!


I started by stamping this darling vintage wheel barrow on Cougar Opaque White Card Stock using Espresso Truffle and then colored it up with Copic Markers and used all shades of the Warm Grey markers, G20, G21 and G24 plus R21. R24 and R27. I also shaded with BG0000. I die cut the image with a Spellbinders Classic Oval die and while the die was still on, I did sponge on some Distress Antique Linen ink. I paired it all up with some Stampin' Up and My Mind's Eye decorative paper, some May Arts Crochet lace, and a SU button. I stamped the sentiment on a strip that a notched the ends off of and before I matted it all up, I did add a wee bit of paper piercing. 

Here's a close up!  

And that, my friends, is it! Of course, if you want to grab a little inspiration on the go, all you need to do is click on over HERE to CardMaps! I usually suggest a cup of coffee for the journey because not only will you have some fun sketches to take a gander at -- you'll have samples to spark creativity too! Have fun and even better -- have a wonderful week! I'll see you back here soon! 

~Julie


Pin It

4 comments:

Ann said...

The girls look fierce! Go Ellie!
Great card; when do you find the time???

Leslie Miller said...

Bet they were some excited little girls! It looks like they've got the spirit -- yay, team! Love your pretty card, Julie. The perfect showcase for the wheelbarrow full of geraniums!

The Rubber Maid said...

Super sweet card along with that super sweet all-star Miss Ellie.

Carol Held said...

Hi my friend...love everything you create! Great seeing your posts...smiles