Wednesday, July 23, 2014

It's a Big Birthday Challenge!


Hi all and Happy Wednesday! Hope you are having a wonderful week so far! I actually got to spend some time in my crafty place and enjoyed just coloring! Want to see what I've been up to??

When I first started stamping, my mom and I would LOVE to color up some of Art Impressions Golden Oldies -- we'd make all kinds of silly cards for friends! When I cleaned out my stamp room recently, I found a couple shoe boxes full of these stamps and realized they needed some love! And, while I was looking to see if these stamps were still in production, I stumbled upon the Art Impressions blog a they were hosting a challenge too!

So, what's the challenge? Well, it's all about BIRTHDAYS! So, I decided to dig into that box and make a fun card for a friend who has an upcoming birthday!

On to my creation!


I have to tell you this sweet angelic lady was fun to color up! Ironically, my family was watching World War Z when I decided to break out the Copic markers to color. Nothing like coloring up an angel when you're watching a zombie movie! LOL! 

I digress! I stamped Birthday Glory on Cougar Opaque White Card Stock using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and then, as I said, grabbed my Copic markers and went to town! After I was done, I did add a little razzle dazzle with some glitter glue. I cut the little lady out and popped her up on my card front. All of the papers are a mix of Echo Park patterns. Add a little seam binding ribbon in white and some bling and.... ta da! 

Here's a close up!


And here's the fun part.. the inside! I love this little sentiment -- Angel Food! I also stamped the angel in a light blue off to the side. See?


And that, my friends is it! If you want to check out the Big Birthday Challenge for yourself, just click HERE! In the meantime, I have some other Golden Oldies just begging to be colored up! Stay tuned for some more fun with those! 

Hope your hump day is shaping up nicely! See you back here soon! 

~Julie


Pin It

6 comments:

petra,s cards said...

wauw julie this one is fabulous!! what a funny image!!
xxpetra

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how fun! Great coloring! Love it! You're the best, Julie!

Cheryl W. said...

Super fun card. Love the sentiment, as my family loves angel food cake.

Katie Sims said...

This is darling, Julie! :) Angel food.....now that is cute!

Lindsay said...

Such a sweet card... great job.

Sheryl said...

Super card! The inside is great!