Monday, August 4, 2014

Need a little inspiration???

Hello all! I have something fun to share today! A few weeks ago, the amazingly talented Kathy Jones honored me by featuring me on her blog as one of the card artists she is inspired by! (You can see her post HERE!) To say that I was flattered and humbled would be.. well.. an understatement! If you've never checked out Kathy's blog, click HERE to see all the amazing creations she pumps out on a weekly basis!


With this honor, Kathy asked that I answer a few questions AND share some other artists who inspire ME! Fun stuff, right? So, here goes the questions!

1. What am I working on?

I am actually just coloring! I have started to pick up my Copic markers and stamped images so that I can just spend some time relaxing and coloring. I find that the more I enjoy the coloring process, the more I enjoy the creative process! One thing that I need to do a better job of is picking what papers I want to work with BEFORE I color. While I don't have this problem often, there have been times when I have found it difficult to match up a colored image with some of the decorative paper in my stash!

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?

I actually have NO idea! I usually only create cards with colored images. And, many of my creations don't have a ton of "extras." I tend to be a cleaner stamper -- I might add ribbon or buttons or a doily, but other than those embellishments, my cards are usually just layered up with some stitching, distressed edges or my favorite paper pierced edges!

3. Why do I create what I do?

I actually create to escape. There are times when my "day job" is a wee bit stressful. Since I work from home, knowing that I can take a break to color or create helps me unwind. I love putting on some music to create, dance and maybe even belt out some tunes as I go!  

4. How does your creative process work?

Lately, I've found a ton of inspiration by combing some of my favorite boards on Pinterest. I see a layout that I would love to try. I see techniques that I would love to test. When I just hit my craft room without surfing first, I will take time to just flip through decorative papers or look through stamp sets that are begging to be used. After picking out some things I would love to create with, I start to color and know it will be fun to put all the pieces together!

Now to the fun part! The part of the post when I get to share a few artists who INSPIRE ME! 


Christine Okken: Christine Creations
Christine is not only an amazingly talented artist, but a dear friend! Every single time I visit her blog, I am taken aback -- not only by her wonderful coloring skills that truly bring out the best in every image she touches, but her color choices as well. If you look at her creations, she has an incredible ability of combining decorative papers and color schemes to bring these images to life in such a vibrant and beautiful way! You truly need to see your style with your own eyes! So, visit her at Christine Creations!

Ally Cope: Your Memories With Ally

When I think of Ally Cope, I think pure talent. She is always rocking new techniques and sharing tutorials on her blog. Each one has her distinct touch! She is a master with inks and backgrounds and I have honestly NEVER seen her create where I didn't say -- WOW, she really took that to the next level! You have got to check out her Tutorial page on her blog HERE -- what a source of inspiration there! While you're hopping, check out her entire blog HERE! 

And that, my friends is it! Thank you so much to Kathy who nominated me as one of her inspiring card makers! I was so happy to share the love and honor two ladies who are so insanely talented! Thanks so much for stopping by! And, if you want to leave a comment, feel free to share a link to a card designer or artist who inspires YOU! I'd love to see some of their work too!


~Julie


Pin It

5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Awesome post, Julie! Interesting. You know I love your style. Thanks for sharing!

ChristineCreations said...

You are a gem...thank you for the very kind words lady :) I wish I could nominate you right back!

Kathy Jones said...

Awwww....thanks sweet lady! I *love* the ladies you chose, true creative artists!! Loved reading a little about you!!! :)

Allison Cope said...

Awwwww.... thanks so much for the great honour to be included in your list Julie! Big hugs my friend!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, I am finally catching up on my emails and am now visiting and reading this post! I LOVE it! It's always so wonderful to learn more about the design team members - gals whom I admire and love to learn from! What a treat, and there is such a wonderful variety of designers for Power Poppy, and I love each one! Thank you! Hugs!