Friday, December 23, 2016

I Wish You A Merry Christmas!

Can you feel the excitement in the air? Can you snap up a little bit of that joy? I sure hope you answered yes and that the beauty of this most holy season fills your heart to the brim -- no matter how you celebrate! I love this time of year and the fact that more people seem to wear smiles and seeing the wonder expressed in a child's face never gets old!! 

I am going to make this short and sweet because as we speak, there are a few gifts that still need to be wrapped and a little more Christmas cheer to be spread! And, my mom has cookies in the oven that I'd love to serve as a taste tester for! ;-)

This little creation that I am sharing is one that went out in the mail this week to a very special lady! I am not sharing who just in case it hasn't landed in her mailbox yet but I wanted to share with all of YOU!



First up, I have to apologize for the photo. I took this one at night and so natural light was non-existent. Second, for those that might have missed it, we are living with my mom as we build our house and the locations to take good pictures is limited --- especially at night! So bear with me peeps!

This card was made using Power Poppy's Wreath: Felt Leaves and Fruits. I printed it off and colored it up using my Copic markers using YG00, YG03, YG06, R27, R32, E31, and BG000 and C00. I didn't shade at all around the image like I normally do because I wanted this one to be clean and crisp and loved the image up against the country charm of the polka dots, doily, and gingham. What you can't see is that the enamel dots that I added are glittery, which matches the glitter that I added to those darling little pom-pom "flowers!" And that, my friends, is it! 

I did have a special bit of news from Power Poppy Central! If you happened to have stopped by after Thanksgiving, Power Poppy had a fun little “hunt” for a mystery digital download that you could nab for $1. GOOD NEWS!!!! Marcella is bringing it back for the next several days — go grab Candy Cane Classic for a dollar to use on those last-minute gift tags!


Moving on... earlier I mentioned that we are in the process of building a home. Early in November, I shared that we had a foundation and some framing. Well, it's amazing what a difference a little more than a month and a half makes! It's beginning to look a lot like... a house! ;-) The cold weather is hampering some of the progress on the outside but inside -- things are moving -- plumbing, electrical, ductwork and as we speak -- drywall! We should be in by March! YAY! 


That is it from me today! I'm going to turn things over to my fabulous fellow Bloomies to see what they've whipped up for you all to see! 


Julie Koerber >> you are here!


Thanks so much for stopping by! I wish you all the joy possible during this most wonderful time of the year! Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and wishes of love, peace, and kindness for all!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, love it backed with the doily and checked paper! Merry Merry!

Stacy Morgan said...

Squeel.... look at that they have walls and are getting so much further. yea!!! I bet you are so excited. Wish it was ready for Christmas but the new year it is. :-) Exciting! Your card is so pretty. Wonderful coloring. Have yourself a very Merry Christmas sweet friend!

CherylQuilts said...

What a beautiful card, Julie, and I LOVE the DP and especially love the doily! And I like the photo against the Christmas tree! And I agree with Stacy...squeal! So excited to see the house making good progress as we've now seen it "come out of the ground" and look like a real house! So excited for you all! Yes, this is a very special time of year as we celebrate the birth of Christ, and I wish you a blessed and joyous Christmas Eve and Christmas, sweet friend! xoxo