Friday, March 24, 2017

A Cheery Hello!

Hello and happy Friday folks! I have a super quickie post to share today because -- in all honesty? I am surrounded by boxes as we speak! I mentioned a couple times here on the ole blog that we spent the last few months building a home and last weekend brought moving day! It's wonderful but the hard work starts trying to find a "home" for all your stuff! So.... long story short, this post is going to be short! ;-)

When I first got my hands on Power Poppy's Spring Fling Collection, I fell in love with the set Sweet Memories featuring snippets, bits, and tendrils of Sweet Peas! I think these fanciful flowers are so delicately beautiful, I just find joy coloring them up. I have colored sweet peas many times over the years but I have almost always reached for shades of pink. This time, I mixed it all up!

On to my creation!

I only reached (surprisingly) for a few markers -- V01, V04, and V06 for the violet shades and G21, G24 and G28 for the greens. The image was shaded with BG10, BG000, and BG0000. After I was done coloring, I did add a few dots thanks to a white gel pen. 

The layout is pretty darn simple. I had a few different small pieces of decorative paper that I cobbled together. I added a bit of lace and die cut my image thanks to a stitched fishtail die. Here's a little close-up for you!


And that, my friends, is it! A Cheery Hello that will one day be mailed to a cheery friend! Speaking of friends, you have to check out what my fellow Bloomies created this week just to share with YOU! Stop by and see.....


Julie Koerber >>> you are here!



Thanks for stopping and spending a bit of your day with me! :-) See you back here soon!

~Julie

No comments: