Sunday, September 3, 2017

My Small But Mighty Craft Closet

Hello folks! First off, I have to say that I spent ALL DAY yesterday going through tubs of stamps and I have added A TON of stuff to my sale page...


I am getting rid of a ton of Spellbinders dies and have added a bunch of red rubber cling stamps -- all of which are in new or like new condition for dirt cheap! THESE THINGS ARE PRICED TO SELL FOLKS!  I just need to make room and decided if I didn't have time to use these beauties, they should go to someone who can put them to good use!

You might ask, you need to make room? You've been downsizing for a while now, haven't you?

The truth is, when we moved into our new house last March, we decided not to finish the basement right away, which is the future home of my craft space. Yep, sad but true. Sometimes, there are just more important things that pull on your finances -- like braces for the kiddo or school tuition or that softball camp, sending the boy child to college or.... you get my gist! So, I thought I'd share my little crafting  room closet with you all! It is literally a 5-foot by 5-foot walk in closet that I claimed. I told my husband in no uncertain terms that this closet was mine. I married a pack rat and if I didn't, he'd decide that those bank statements from 20 years ago (yes, this is the truth) needed a shelf or two. Love that man but... golly! Heavy sigh.

So, here's a peek. I wanted to show that, with some planning, you can cram a whole mess of stuff in a small space!

This is obviously a view from the door. You can see we have a few shelves added for plastic bins which house all kinds of buttons, embellishments, ink pads, glues, etc. -- basically anything that's small and would love to sit in a drawer! The two black bins (from the dollar store) at the top have glue runners and finished cards. Two white bins toward the right have pre-cut cards and envelopes in every color of the rainbow, ready to rock and roll as soon as a card front is done. Black and white patterned bins house die packages and embossing folders. Those bins from Thirty-One Gifts were the perfect size for these things! Ribbons are in jars on the bottom of the bookcase as are my Spellbinders machine and a plastic covered tub full of acrylic blocks.


On the wall behind the door, I added small hooks that I picked up at Lowe's over the years ($6 to $8 apiece) and as you can see, they house all my dies. Did you see I am selling a ton of these HERE?


On the third shelf, I have four of these little bins I picked up at Target for clear stamps. All of my stamps are placed in THESE Avery Elle sleeves to keep those little polymer stamps in their place! I did add a piece of white card stock to serve as a backer so I could better "see" my stamp sets! I have them in alphabetical order so I can also easily find them! 


Here's a close up of those bins I mentioned earlier! I love that they have a handle so I can grab and go if need be.


Along the other wall, I have cubbies that house paper and have a few extra drawers for wood stamps. the material cubbies have ribbons and scraps, some larger punches and large 12" paper pads. 



And, here's how I store my colored and decorative card stock -- in file folders arranged according to color group. 


And then this guy was a lifesaver for ink pad and reinker storage! 


I got this from a store that went out of business for free and it houses my Copic reinkers nicely! Soon, I'll outgrow it but for now, it works! 


And there you have it my friends, my humble little craft closet. You might ask. If this is a closet, where do you craft. Well, this is the closet attached to the home office. So, I pull things from the closet and craft here....


You might say, wait a minute, you have a room! Well, I have to work here too. As a writer, my desk is USUALLY covered with papers, article clippings, notebooks full of my deadline schedule, etc.

So, there you have it peeps -- my little corner of the creative world! Maybe some of my tips might help you store more per square foot! ;-)

~Julie




No comments: