Saturday, February 16, 2008

Card From A Friend & A Sketch!

Today my daughter and I went to a great demo at my LSS. My friend Phyl was demoing something that apparently has been around for quite a while, but none of us stampers here had ever laid hands on it! It's called MARL paper and it is a paper that allows you to really color like watercolor on the paper without using paints but instead using markers. The way she explained it was the markers "float" on the paper's surface allowing you to draw the color out. This paper also prevents lines from forming - you know, the lines you normally see when you color with regular water based markers on regular paper. I haven't tried it yet, but luckily my daughter won the demo card! The image was stamped with black permanent ink and then watercolored with Tombow markers and blending with an aquaflow brush. Click HERE if you want to see more of her creations!


Here's a close up....

Because I LOVE this card layout, I thought, why not share it and issue a weekend challenge for those who need a little something to jump start their creativity? If you do use this sketch, let me know by leaving a comment and linking up to it on your blog or gallery! Thanks Phyl for the inspiration! It was a great demo!

SKETCH CHALLENGE


My daughter's new word is fabulous... so, have a FABULOUS weekend. I am in my craft room today so I'll be back tomorrow with one of my own creations!
Post a Comment