Saturday, February 2, 2008

Fly & Be Free!


When my bloggin' bud Asela Hopkins first showcased this stamp set on her blog, I thought I have to have it! One, because it's pretty and two, because it's her illustration. Isn't she too talented for words?

This is the stamp of the month for Cornish Heritage Farms and thankfully, my LSS featured it today for a game of "stamping bingo" (bingo where stampers meet to win stamping stuff!) I didn't win, but I wasn't going to let someone else have this set and not me!!! :-) No offense Ann! So, anyway, I went home, grabbed a cup of joe, and went to my happy place (my stamp room!)

For this card, I used Butterscotch Adirondack and Rust Adirondack to direct to paper the background. I inked up just the butterfly with Black Onyx Versafine and then colored the flower with yellow and orange and the stem with two shades of green marker. After I heat set the black ink, I used my watercolor pencils to add color to the wings. For the pop of white, I dotted on some white acrylic paint. Stamp the saying, layer it up, add some polka dot ribbon and done! Ooops.. almost forgot...my base card was stamped with a Magenta background stamp using VersaMark ink.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!

p.s. Don't forget to sign up for Blog Candy in Friday's post! I'll draw a name tomorrow night!

13 comments:

Jules said...

Beautiful image!!! Butterflies are one of my favorite things! Very pretty card!

Jacki Marie said...

I bought this a couple of weeks ago and it hasn't seen ink. I think I'm going to have to pull it out. You did a great job as usual.

Mescrap said...

Love the butterfly, it seems so alive with the beautiful & 'pop up' colours.

Diane said...

Such a beauty Julie!!!

Cheryl said...

This is absolutley beautifull! I can see why you couldn't pass this one up!

Karen Lindsay said...

Oh my! It's beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Doing a happy dance! Julie your card is gorgeous. I love the colors you picked for the butterfly and the card. Love it!!!!

Lesli said...

Another amazingly beautiful card - I can see why you wanted that image!!! I agree with you, Asela is incredibly talented!

Janine said...

Hey Julie... Hope you are enjoying your weekend. Love this butterfly. It is a gorgeous card.

Sharon in NE said...

Asela's butterfly is beautiful but I have not seen anyone display as incredibly as you have done here. My favorite part is the ribbon matching the dots on the wing. MMMMMM!

Jennifer Buck said...

So pretty! I really love this! Thanks for sharing and take care! :)

Ann said...

Gorgeous card!

Anonymous said...

Oh, these colors are so rich and beautiful and go perfectly with the stamp. Fabulous.