Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Is it a card... or a box? Or both??


This is one of those retro card designs. I have NO idea where I learned to make this little box but I stumbled upon some scribbled out directions when I was cleaning out some drawers in my stamp room! It's a card that, when you open it, actually opens up to be a kind of 3-dimensional box. It's pretty cool. It's one of those that you just keep opening it and shutting it saying..."oooOOOooo." I know. It doesn't take much to appease me.

I wish I could tell you how to make it verbally. It is a creation with 100 folds! I am going to try to plot out the directions on my Adobe Elements to see if I can share.

The stamps I used are a part of the new stamp set from Gina K. called Baskets of Happiness. I just love these little flowers. They look so delicate. The coloring was done with marl paper and watercolor markers. It was a technique my friend Phyl demoed last weekend and I am still playing. While I still prefer watercolor paper, this is a fun substitute for cards on the fly.

Here's a close up.... I used both Marvy and Tombow markers for this in shades of purple, green, gray brown and sepia (mostly for the background)


This saying is actually all one and it reads... "It takes a long time to grow an old friend!" I thought it would be fun if the saying was revealed when you opened the box. What better gift to give a friend than flowers she can grow and think of your friendship as they bud and blossom. Ok, am I getting sappy here? Maybe. Especially since I picked "Forget-Me-Nots" as the flower! Here's a shot of the box opening up to reveal not just the saying but the seeds too! Those are my little girl's hands in the shot. She was so excited to be my hand model!! :-)
Hope you all had a wonderful Wednesday and are having a good week!
Until tomorrow....
Post a Comment