Thursday, January 29, 2009

Can you tell I need spring?

I have to be honest- I've joked with my friends who live in Florida that I might just pack a bag and head their way! January in Montana means a bit of this -- bitter cold and a bit of that -- not as cold. I think I am a snow bird at heart!

So, when the Impression Obsession gals said - let's do a "spring" challenge - I was all over it! In fact, I didn't just want a springy look, I thought little umbrella drinks in exotic places! LOL! These are some of the brand new Leigh Hannan images from Impression Obsession that were just released this week at CHA! I colored these babies with my Copic markers in a light pink, two shades of yellow, and two shades of green for the leaves and then I went back over the umbrella and drink with some Pixie Dust Shimmerz to give it a little pop of glitz! Add some bling to the "berries" and the top of the umbrella and... you're almost done! I did cut out and pop up one of the lemon hearts just for fun. Add some scalloped ribbon and grab a fun decorative paper from your scrap stash and you're fini! The tag was just done using the SU scalloped circle and 1-1/2" circle punches.

Here's a close up.... Want to see some other signs of spring here in blog land? Just check out what the other fab IO gals have cooked up!

Dina
Daniela
Kelli
Laura
Michelle

Thanks for stopping by! I'll see you back here tomorrow!

Post a Comment