Saturday, January 3, 2009

I'm celebrating!!!

Ok, when a bloggin' bud invites you to a party... can you really say - no? I think not! So, when Melanie Muenchinger asked me to help her celebrate her first year as a designer and illustrator for Gina K. Designs -- I said -- "You Betcha!"

For the next few days she and some other fabulous designers will be showing off their creations with Mel's sets!

For my day, I chose one of my all time favorites -- Little Tees! I love just how spunky and universal this set is! In fact, when I was brainstorming an idea, this one hit me..... I hope you can follow me on this idea! There is a couple that my hubby and I know and they just found out the baby they are expecting is a girl! So, when I thought of a congratulations card to send using this set -- it hit me and then I got the giggles! When a couple starts to date, it's all about flowers and sparkly fun shirts. Then, comes the comfy stage where you know he is the "one". Then, one day--- bam -- baby on board! LOL! I think the sentiment -- When a man loves a woman... pretty much sums it up! To get the maternity look of the last tee, I did stamp the top part of the tee and then drew in the flouncy bottom part of the maternity tee-shirt.

Now, on the inside I'll write - "Congrats on your next big adventure!" or something fun like that! I did make this card a 5 by 7" so that all the tees could fit. I used Basic Grey Urban Prairie. I wanted some fun pink prints and this paper pad has them!

Want to see some more Anniversary fun? Check out...

Carolina

Barb

Donna

Jessica

Lee

Jessie

Rose Anne

See you back here soon!


p.s. If you head over to Melanie's place -- she's got some Scor-Pal goodies up for grabs!

22 comments:

Donna Baker said...

oh Julie, this is so sweet! what a fun idea & your 'maternity' tee is one of a kind!!

Lovely gd Cee said...

they're cute, Julie:)

Melanie said...

first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes JULIE wiht a baby carriage!" bwahhh, i love it!!awesome, aswesome concept and design, thanks,gf!! hugs!

Rose Ann said...

All of your tees are just darling, Julie!! Such a cute idea, and I love the colors and papers!!

Tamara said...

What a fun card. I totally "got" the idea from your card even before the explanation. I think it is really creative.

Lee said...

That is sooooo cute!!! I love that fun layout and the PERfect title.....When a man loves a woman!!!! CUTE!!!!!!!

Moni said...

Gorgeous card! Hugs, moni

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

I love the idea of this card!! So cute!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is just too cute!! I love the maternity look and the sentiment is super cute!!

Barbara Schram said...

Great idea, Julie! I love how your mind works! LOL And the colors are perfect for that new baby girl! Take good care, my friend!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Julie, this card is great! What a fun design to work with, and I love your concept of progression through the "love stages." The colors are bright and fun, too. Great card! Will have to check out the other links. Thanks for the smile.

Tracey said...

This card is fantastic! What a great idea!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Oh! This is just adorable! Fab design and I just love the colors! Cute, cute, cute!!!

Elena said...

What a fun card! Love your idea with Tees!

Unknown said...

Julie, this is adorable! Great idea... just like Melanie chanted the little rhyme in her comment - that's exactly what I thought when I saw your card!

LeAnne said...

Dang, this is cute! Love your "train of thinking"!!!
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

Very cute card and a great idea! Ali

Curt in Indy said...

OK, imagine the look of shock and surprise and immediate joy for you when all I did was look at the title of your blog and then directly at the card without reading inbetween. . .LOL I thought right away that you were prego! LOL Cute card. Thanks for the mini shock! Best, Curt

Anonymous said...

Darling card, Julie. Love the whole idea and the execution was spot on!
Gail S.

Tanya said...

haha, I love it! Very clever and fun!

Bev J. said...

Love all the tees and I love pink-cute card. tfs

Shirley said...

A really beautiful and creative card!