Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Spring Blooms....

Well friends, for the second time in my life -- I made an ATC! There's a swap going on over in the Flourishes Forum on SCS (HERE). I saw the thread and while I am not an expert on ATCs- I said, "Oh, what the heck! I'll give 'er the old college try!"


So.... here goes!

I used the Spring Ephemerals set and colored it with a mix of ink pads and markers. I basically inked up the green stems and then went back over the flowers with a blue marker. You see that sparkle at the center? That's just a pop of shimmer with the help of a Gelly Roll Stardust pen. Add a vellum tag thanks to a Spellbinders tag die and... you're almost done! Grab some Memory Box and Basic Grey papers, a fancy corner punch, some ribbon and bling and -- now you're done! I thought this was fun -- who knows maybe more ATCs are in store!

Before I go, I have to share a funny story thanks to my little girl Ellie. I was working a bit today, tapping away on the computer and I hear this clickety clackety coming down the hall. I look up and start to giggle at the sight of my 5 year old in my high heel boots. OH MY!! I said, 'Ellie girl - what are you doing?' She looks at me very seriously and says, "My teacher told us we needed to learn how to walk in someone elses' shoes." Now, I am trying to keep a straight face. "Really? Was this part of a lesson today?" And she says, "Yep. She was trying to teach us about epiphany." Now I giggle. "You mean empathy?" "No mom.. epiphany." I gave up --we'll review that lesson again later! I have to admit-- it was cute!!

Have a great day everyone!

Post a Comment