Thursday, January 22, 2009

Stamp Simply - A Modern Edge!

Hi all! It's Friday! Where did this week go by the way?? I'm glad it's the weekend because that means it's time for another Stamp Simply challenge!! This one, has a modern edge to it! The mission -- is to create a "modern" card! What is modern? A clean, crisp look; a simple layout; minimal embellishments; relaxing; refreshing color scheme with a bit of POP!!!


So, with that in mind, I let the creative juices flow! And, I used some of the new Leigh Hannan images from Impression Obsession that will be released in just a few days at CHA!! So, what did I think was modern about this card? Well, first of all the crisp images! I chose cool colors and I purposely made this card off center so that it had a different layout. How did I color it? With Copic markers and then I added a little bling to the center of the flowers! Just that simple!

Here's a close up.... So, as you contemplate contemporary - I searched through my blog to try to find some other cards that I thought was "modern." I also think THIS card has a splash of modern in it. What will you come up with? Check out Sharon's blog for the official details HERE and then visit these gals to see what they cooked up!! Janine, Jennifer, Tammy, Dee, Becky, AJ, and Deb!

So, make time for play time and have a great weekend!

Post a Comment