Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Fun Stuff!

Want a fun idea for baby announcements without being a typical baby announcement? Well, I have one for you!

A few months back, Dawn Gehring, the editor of Crafts 'n Things, asked if I wanted to play in a challenge for the magazine. The challenge, was to use a postcard (Avery perforated for your ink jet printer) and stamp it up! Well, first of all, the cards are fun because they are meant for printer ink and so -- they take your stamping ink -- perfectly!!!

So, this is what I cooked up!
I love that stamp set! It's called Build-A-Tree from Impression Obsession. You can essentially build your own tree with leaves, flowers, apples.... too cute!!! The sentiment on the front is from the Flourishes - Flourished Words set.

This is the back side....

And again, all the printing was just done on my home computer! If you want to learn more about how I put it all together and what inks I used etc. check out the June issue of Crafts 'n Things! I have a couple other projects in there too!

Hope your week is off and running with a great start! I'll see you back here soon!

Post a Comment