Sunday, May 24, 2009

Love life!

Hi all! Hope you are enjoying the holiday weekend. We have been home bodies! We are all getting over colds in our house and there was just something about being kind of lazy that was appealing to the whole household!

I did break away for a bit to my "mom cave" and crafted this quick and easy card. It's almost one layer! That's odd for me!
I took some light blue paper, took a super long post it and blocked off all but the left edge (about 1" wide) of my card. I stamped the solid hydrangea from Impression Obsession using Versafine Black Onyx. Heat Set, take off the post it and then stamp THIS mesh border. Add some beautiful silk ribbon and a small Labels One Nestie accented with bling and THIS saying and.... you're done! I could see doing a whole bunch of these cards using a different sentiment and a different accent color. What a fun set of cards that's easy!

Hope you were able to kick up your feet this weekend and enjoy! Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Janine said...

Hi Julie... Gorgeous card!! Hope you all feel better soon!!

The Rubber Maid said...

What a lovely card and the fact it's super simple is appealing too. Mom

Alex said...

It's beautiful Julie!! I hope you all feel better soon! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Joan B said...

Beautiful job. Love those colors together and that ribbon is gorgeous

denise g. said...

You must be sick. That card is awesome, but far too simple for you. Love the colors, THAT ribbon and how you used the mesh and hydrangea side by side. I do know that you're on the mend because there is bling on the card, so I'm not worrying about you. I need to plan my vacation, so get the K Family all better.

Stacy Morgan said...

Striking! I love how this turned out, great colors and the ribbon is yummy!

Darlene said...

I just GASP with each new post I check out here!! WOW ... this is Beeeautiful!!!