Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Vintage Hydrangeas

A few weeks back when some of my stamping buds and I got together, I brought some paper, some Copics, black ink and about 20 stamps. I must have been on the same wavelength as the ladies I was with because -- that's what we all did!

All of us agreed that it would rock if we could just take a few afternoons to do nothing but color! Wouldn't it be great to build up a stash of colored images and then - when the mood hits to make a card - you have images ready to go!

It turns out, I talked more than I colored and so in one weekend - I only colored four - yes four images! And, this card below was crafted thanks to one of them!

I absolutely love this from Hydrangea Ribbon from Impression Obsession. Actually, FYI, if you go to the Impression Obsession site and put hydrangea in the search box, you'll find a ton of images that coordinate with this beautiful stamp! I realized in my own search.... I need to do some shopping... SOON! :-)

Moving on! I stamped the ribbon using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored it up using Copic Markers. I used the Hydrangea and Spring Greens collections from Flourishes for the flower and the Flesh Tones collection for the actual ribbon. I wanted it to look like a piece of antique satin.

Here's a close up.... To put the card together, I just used two different types of decorative paper. The top is from SU. I also ran it through my Wizard with a Textile Texture Cuttlebug Embossing folder and then antiqued it with Tea Dye Distress Ink from Ranger. The bottom decorative paper is from a jumbo pad from K & Company. Add some mini champagne pearls to the center of your flowers and do a little paper piercing on the bottom decorative paper and..... done!

Thanks so much for dropping by my place! I have a lot of works in progress so... I'll be back soon with more!

Hope your week is off to a great start!

Post a Comment