Friday, December 18, 2009

Show me,... white space!

Hi all! Time for another Flourishes focus and this one... hosted by the lovely and talented Stacy Morgan is all about white space! Stacy has such a wonderful way of making her cards look so crisp and clean and effortless. Well, I found out -- creating a card with lots of white space that looks balenced and beautiful takes, well, effort!

That's why I'm so glad she gave us some tips and tricks this week over on the Flourishes Newsletter!

I am laughing because I went for lots of white space with this card and it really didn't give me the same effect - I honestly should have dumped the mats and kept it all white! Oh well, I'm new at this! ;-)

Ok, here are the quick and dirty details! I took the All that Glitters set and gold embossed them, added some gold stitching for the hanging strings, a quick knotted bow and colored them up with Copic Markers. Gold leaf the edge of the white paper, add some red and green mats and a sentiment and..... done!

Check out Stacy's tutorial HERE and then.... see how the other gals in the Flourishes DT bathed their creations in white!

Christine
Cindy
Latisha
Laura
Leslie


Thanks for stopping by! Have a fabulous weekend!








Stamps: All that Glitters, Holiday Greetings
Ink: Versamark with gold detail embossing powder
Paper: Flourishes Classic White, Red and Green (unknown)
Ribbon: May Arts
Extras: Kaiser Craft red rhinestones

Post a Comment