Friday, December 11, 2009

A Year of Flowers... the final day!

You can almost smell fall in the air when you look at these beauties drawn by Marcella Hawley! This set... our final sneak peek of the week for Flourishes features four beautiful flowers and the months they represent! Marcella even created a customizable and downloadable calendar that you can deck out with these florals! The calendar was created just for these sets so it is a perfect match with fonts and colors! The download will be available tonight on the Flourishes store-$2 on its own or FREE with the purchase of all three sets!

I printed it off for my post today to show you just how beautiful these flowers are and how these blossoms paired with the calendar would make the most perfect gifts! Above is a peek of the fall set I made, and I made it to fit in a small picture easel. It's perfect for your desk top!

September's month is Aster and I found some fun My Mind's Eye and SU paper to pair up with my flower! I used the Violet, Daffodil and Fields Copic Collections grouped by Flourishes to color my image and outlined with the palest yellow in the Daffodil group and then blended with a blender pen. The tag was done with Spellbinder's Fancy Tags.
October is actually my favorite month of the set! I love those rich shades of rust! To color up my mums, I used the Falling Leaves and Fields Copic Collections grouped by Flourishes. The paper is 7 Gypsies.

Here's a closer look at the flower. I just love Marcy's take on a mum!
November is Cyclamen with it's beautiful red or even pink tones! I colored up my flower with the Poppy and Fields Copic Collections. The paper is Making Memories - Sabrina collection.

Here's a closer look at this unusual and beautiful flower!
And last, but not least is the beautiful buds found in the amaryllis.. gasp! I just think this illustration is to die for! This flower is just so elegant looking! I used the Dahlia and Fields Copic Collections to color it up. The paper is K & Company.

And that, my friends is it! All you need is this download, some pretty decorative paper, an oval die cut shape and a fun tag. Then, you can stamp and just enjoy coloring up these beauties!
Moving on....the anticipation is already building too for tonight's POWER HOUR RELEASE PARTY! It starts at 9 PM CST with fun, games and giveaways! We'll host it in the Flourishes Forum over on Splitcoast HERE! As soon as the party wraps up, all of our sets for December will be in the Flourishes Store for your shopping pleasure!

Want a closer peek at the flowers of fall? Hop on over and pay a visit to.....

Christine Okken
Latisha Yoast
Stacy Morgan
Cindy Lawrence
Laura Fredrickson
Leslie Miller

Would you like to win this set? Jump on over to the Flourishes Newsletter and leave a comment to be in the running! One more note! Time is running out to enter our Floral Finesse Challenge. Click HERE for the details! You could win all three of the sets we'll show this week. You have until this Friday at 5 PM Eastern to enter!

We hope you had as much fun as we did this week! See you tonight at the big party! :-)

16 comments:

The Rubber Maid said...

Those calendars are just beautiful and what a wonderful gift for a birthday or special time. The flowers are gorgeous and the way you've done them up is super elegant. Lovely. Mom

Beth S said...

Love these calendars. You've done such a beautiful job colouring and showcasing the stamps.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

These are all just gorgeous! Love the design and your colouring is fabulous!

Janine said...

Hi girlfriend!! Just a gorgeous calendar set!!

Nancy said...

Love these calendars you've made! Definitely going to have to get these sets!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh you calendars are so pretty Julie. I love that you cut out the dates and used DP to warm up the months. And the yellows around your asters just makes them glow. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Julie, these are ADORABLE, wowsers!

Yvonne Hagane said...

These are all so gorgeous, Julie! You did a fantastic job on the coloring. The flowers are just about to pop off the page!!

Darlene said...

What beautiful calendars ... awesome idea! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Julie - your calenders are gorgeous!!! I hope I get to make some soon too :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Cindy Lawrence said...

What a beautiful calendar you've created, Julie! LOVE how you incorporated the Fancy Tag...stunning!

Latisha said...

Did Stacy share her energizer bunny juice with you this month? Wow look at all those projects, I'm impressed!! They are gorgeous!!

Leslie Miller said...

Julie, your color and paper combos with these gorgeous images are outstanding! What a beautiful way to welcome each new month! My goodness, you've been a stamping wonder this release!

denise g. said...

You sure did a fabulous job with making those flowers drop-dead gorgeous on that calendar. Wonderful and useful creation. Stay WARM and well.

dpkennedy said...

Oh Julie, these are just stunning! I love these new sets!

Stacy Morgan said...

Julie these are awesome. I love the simplicity of the layouts and each one is so beautiful!