Thursday, May 12, 2011

3 in a Row Challenge

Flourishes wanted to spice things up for you this Release Week! We are all so excited about our four new sets and we wanted to ramp up the action to give you even more chances to win them!They will have a different challenge Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at noon CST! The winner gets all four new release sets!

What's today's challenge?








HOW TO PLAY: See this grid above? All you need to do is make a card or creation by using the items in the straight line of your choice. You can take it veritcal, horizontal or even diagonally. For instance, want to take the first column up and down, your card would need to have a button, bling and a die cut shape. Want to take the bottom row? Your creation needs a die cut, lace and at least one pearl! It's just that easy! With four stamp sets on the line, what are you waiting for? There are a few rules -- so click on over HERE for a peek!





On to my creation! I looked at the grid and picked the bottom horizontal row which meant I had to use a die cut, lace and a pearl on my creation. Easy peasy! I, of course, used Flourishes brand new set called Wedded Bliss!






    For my creation, I chose a black and white "black tie" feel and just used plain solids -- no decorative paper needed on this one! I started by cuting out a circle using Flourishes Classic White card stock and a Spellbinders Classic Circle die (cut thanks to the Grand Calibur machine). I stamped my main image on it, embossing as well. Then, I took that circle and traced a line in pencil to create a guide line for my stamped circle frame. I used the corner flourish from the Wedded Bliss set-- how fun is that? I added some of the lace from the new 5th Avenue 1,2,3, Create Kit, some 1/2" black ribbon, and where oh where are my pearls?

    You can see here! I used some pewter colored pearls around my frame and also on the ribbon laced sentiment tag that I created with the Ribbon Tags Trio die from Spellbinders. Add some paper piercing and... Voila!!






    Need a little more inspiration? Barbara Anders also has a sample for you to peek at and get those creative juices flowing!

    Don't have time to compete in the challenge? You can still win!



    Just by leaving a comment here on this post or on Barbara's 3-in-a-Row Challenge post, you'll have a shot at winning the entire release as well! One of us is the MYSTERY BLOGGER! You don't know which lady it is, so leave a comment on both blogs and one lucky name will be randomly drawn from the comments on the mystery blogger's 3 in a Row Challenge post! You have until Friday at 3PM CST to comment. That person will win THE ENTIRE FLOURISHES RELEASE! We'll announce who the mystery blogger was and the winner on Saturday in our Winner's Circle Post at 12 Noon CST! What an easy way to try to win!

    Happy creating and commenting! See you back here tomomrrow for more Flourishes Release Week FUN!


Post a Comment