Friday, May 20, 2011

Birthday Wishes... and more!

First things first, it's one special lady's very happy day!! It's Barbara Anders BIRTHDAY today and another special lady -- Tammy Hershberger-- got some of us gals together to honor Ms. Bar's special day with a little blog hop! We heard through the grapevine that she's got a spa day planned, so hopefully this is the icing on a very delish cake! ;-) HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAR.. HOPE IT'S THE ABSOLUTE BEST! (if you came here from Silke's blog.. great! If you want to experience the full hop, just head on over to Tammy's place to start!)


On to my creation! I wanted something perky and spring like for Bar's b-day wish, so.....

... I picked up Flourishes Hello Hyacinth set. Colored it up with Copics. I used the Flesh Tones 1, Hydrangea, Crocus and Spring Greens collections grouped by Flourishes. The water was highlighted with B000 and B0000 markers. Add a little glitter glue to the center of the flowers and... the rest is just matting it up! I used a mix of BasicGrey, Kaiser Craft and Melissa Frances papers. The sentiment is thanks to Flourishes' Tag Lines set. Add some white cotton ribbon and a few buttons and... voila!

Now, this is just one stop on the birthday bonanza. Head on over now to the ever-so-talented

Jessie Rone's Blog!!!

BEFORE YOU GO.... The Flourishes gals have a little show and tell using some of the brand new sets just released! It's a free for all Friday!! I decided to make my creation masculine using the new What a Catch set. I mentioned it before, but I got the biggest eye roll from hubby when I told him I needed a few flies for ... a card! He says he's officially seen it all. I didn't want to break it to him that there's no way in h-e-double hockey sticks that he has officially seen it all. Anywho, I used another one of those babies for an embellie on this card! :-)

I colored up my image with Copic Markers and honestly, I was reaching for so many to get the image to match my paper that, I don't really remember what I used... sorry!! The paper is Basic Grey and the nail heads are actually grey nail head stickers that I sanded the color off to for a brushed nickle look. And... the ribbon that is peeking out is actually THIS jute ribbon. I love the airy feel of this ribbon.


One thing I also did was use the burlap string not only to gather my jute ribbon but to follow the fishing line. Add a sentiment from the set and... voila!



FYI... if you like Flourishes release, there's only 24 hours left to take advantage of the New Release Bundle! Buy all four sets in the bundle HERE and you get 10% off all of them! You'll have to hop on over and see the rest of the gals' creations!

Barbara Anders --- be sure to wish her a Happy Birthday!!!
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you back here soon!

24 comments:

Glenda said...

Both of your creations are just gorgeous! I especially love the flower...the coloring on that one just jumped off the page for me. Beautiful!

petra,s cards said...

oohhhooo julie they are just gorgeous!!! perfect colouring!!
they are still on my wischlist!! ha ha!
xx petra

Dawn B. said...

These are both fabulous Julie. Love the manly card and it's embellishments. Great job.

Stampvanwinkle said...

Such beautiful cards Julie. Isn't it fun to use flies in a man card. It adds so much. Wonderful work.

Hugs,
Deb

Barbara said...

Aw, Julie! I love this card!!! Thank you so much for being part of my special day!!

And you're, right, no way has your DH seen it all, LOL! Love your What a Catch card--how creative to use that fly!!!

Sharman said...

Both of the cards are fab. The What a catch card is really a good father's day card but I love the flowers. Beautiful coloring.

Jodi Collins said...

WOW! Your coloring on these flowers is out of this world! What a GORGEOUS card! LOVE!!

ChristineCreations said...

Your hyacinths are just beautiful Julie...the perfect bow and a pretty strip of purple paper too..

and oooo that what a catch card is fantastic! The colors and coloring are just gorgeous and warm...I laugh at what Ken said ....and what you were thinking too :)

The Rubber Maid said...

Totally awesome cards and I love the "manly" one so much. You always have a way to make a card so special. Mom

Tammy Hershberger said...

The birthday card ROCKS, Julie! Your hyacinth is gorgeous!

And LOOOOVE the idea of adding a fly to the fishing-themed card! OMGosh, I'm going to raid my hubby's tackle box TONIGHT! Fabulous design!

Vicki G said...

Both cards are awesome! Nice eye candy for me this morning! Love your work

Vicki

Stacy Morgan said...

Julie these are both great. Your flowers are so pretty and fresh. You fishing reel is awesome... so very clever girlie.

Leslie Miller said...

Love seeing these two very opposite cards! The only thing they have in common, really, is that they're both awesome! Cute little scallop on the hyacinth card. Love how you placed the sentiment. And the guy card is so rich in color and design.

Silke Ledlow said...

Two absolute BEAUTIES Julie! Have a wonderful weekend..hugs ~S~

Unknown said...

Both cards are absolutely fantastic Julie!! Your coloring is so stunning!

Diane said...

Both cards are beautiful.....your coloring skills always amaze me...that's way I love the fourish stamps...all that detail it allows you to do!!

Shannon White said...

Wow Miss Julie! I love both of these! Your coloring is just Gorgeous! Love that you used an actual fly on your fishing card! It makes perfect sense to me... I think my Hubby would roll his eyes too..lol

Hugs
Shannon 8-)

@JoyceCasaldi said...

They are the most stunning masculine cards I have ever seen!

stampqueen said...

Both cards are awesome!!! Both show superb coloring skills!!!

Betty Wright said...

Julie, both cards are beautiful and your coloring is always fabulous! Wonderfully done!

Kristin Eberline said...

These are both lovely, Julie! the hyacynths are divine, and your coloring is spectacular ♥

Beate said...

Julie, that's gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles

BeckyTE said...

This is such a great image and set and you have created a beauty with it.

kids birthday party ideas said...

I really like this kind of thing that on the birthday night i receive much more birthday wishes from all my friends and family...